1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about ReviewTrailers.com ?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by WebEnterprise, Jul 29, 2012.

Hello Everyone,

I'm the developer of http://www.reviewtrailers.com , what do you think about the site and the design?

Do you see yourself using this as a source for new releases, movie news, buying tickets, and more ?

Thank you.

WebEnterprise, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  2. technolabsoftware

technolabsoftware Peon

Best Answers:
    Website looks very good and professional, well designed and developed, you need to check CSS & HTML validation to rank your website higher on search engine.

technolabsoftware, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  3. JickXy

JickXy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Hi! I visited your site. I think it's good one. It's a good source of entertainment.I think you should start more like that.The design is really awesome.Ideal one.Thanks for introducing such a nice thing.

JickXy, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ... and again I whip out the scratchy broken tired old record.

Fixed width is uselessly large on my netbook, and a tiny little illegible stripe on my workstation -- a problem further exacerbated by the use of fixed metric (px) fonts on EVERYTHING. It's filled to the brim with "but I can do it in photoshop" nonsense that to be frank, while very pretty reduces the site to useless for a lot of potential visitors. Several sections also have legibility issues due to insufficient contrasts (dark grey on black, light grey on light grey, etc), while others (like a number of the headings) have fist in the face contrasts making them feel like they were thrown in as an afterthought. (either that or someone REALLY likes wingtip shoes).

The fixed background and overall content takes far, far too long to load and wreaks havoc with memory use in most browsers, with the annoying animooted image slideshow topping the list of pointless bloated nonsense... especially with it constantly reflowing the dom making browsers show the refresh icon at regular intervals, annoyingly flash the taskbar item, and suck down bandwidth since it seems to not be leveraging caching models and instead re-request the file on every change.

... and that's before we look under the hood.

17 validation errors isn't horrendous, though there's no legitimate excuse for invalid markup; more so when it's a transitional document -- which is to say the document is in transition from 1997 to 1998 coding practices. The endless pointless IE conditionals are likely a side effect of the outdated coding methodologies, as is the use of pointless javascript libraries, multiple separate stylesheets being sent to "all", static scripting inlined in the markup, static CSS inlined in the markup, non-semantic markup, nothing remotely resembling a logical heading order, clearing breaks like it's still 2001, endless pointless DIV and classes for nothing, incomplete/inaccessible forms, absolute URL's pissing away your bandwidth... you know, I'd half suspect this was a turdpress template.

Oh wait:

<ul id="menu-navigation" class="menu"><li id="menu-item-137" class="menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-137">

Code (markup):
    That asshattery proves that it is... I'd recognize that pointless idiotic train wreck of code anywhere -- only Wordpress developers are DUMB ENOUGH to make markup like that.

So the system you built it with is bending you over the table... hence the 45k of markup for the anemic 3k of plaintext and two dozen content images -- two or even three times what should actually be present.

deathshadow, Jul 30, 2012 IP
    WebEnterprise and browntwn like this.
  5. promowebeveron

promowebeveron Member

Best Answers:
    The website appears to be very good from the technical point of view. Undoubtedly will prove to be a great source of entertainment.

promowebeveron, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  6. WebEnterprise

WebEnterprise Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for your comments.

@Deathshadow....I really appreciate your critique, I will take everything into consideration and make the changes.

:)

WebEnterprise, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    deathshadow, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  8. SamedMermer

SamedMermer Member

Best Answers:
    Nice website ! It has a nice design, did you used Wordpress for this ?

SamedMermer, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  9. RaptorsFan

RaptorsFan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pretty nice design I must say!

RaptorsFan, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  10. netmusketeer

netmusketeer Peon

Best Answers:
    Your website is great because it easily captures the eye of page visitors.
    It could be a good source for new releases, movie news, buying tickets etc.
    But if you want to seek for more ideas about webdesigns, you can also visit netmusketeer.com.

netmusketeer, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  11. peng_serena

peng_serena Peon

Best Answers:
    A great looking site.

peng_serena, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  12. Anglina Viesel

Anglina Viesel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    site is nice and content is good.

Anglina Viesel, Oct 25, 2012 IP