1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Syrian Rebels Execute Tribal Leaders in Aleppo

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by DevilHellz, Aug 2, 2012.

Warning: this video is graphic, watch at your own risk.

This reminds me of the way Gaddafi was executed by the rebels in Libya. What does this all mean? Does it say anything about muslims? Does it shed some light on the culture of muslim countries? Is allah on their side (since in Libya rebels slaughtered Gaddafi and shouted "Allah Akbar" as well)?

Discuss!

[video=youtube;KggxTWkZJmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KggxTWkZJmU&has_verified=1&has_verified=1[/video]

DevilHellz, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  2. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I watched it. If you value human life its gruesome. If you are enveloped in hatred you'd probably enjoy it. From the video itself it appears that even as the shootings were taking place some looked away. If so, they probably couldn't stomach the murders, no matter their politics and hatred. And if that was so it suggests some hope for the humanity wrapped up in an increasingly violent civil war in Syria.

Per my review of news articles from many sources, over the last 17 months, what started as another relatively quiet example of the "Arab Spring" has turned into a full scale civil war. Reports are suggesting somewhere around 18,000 have been killed in the last 17 months. The killings have erupted now. Confirmations of the deaths are difficult to come by or substantiate but its probable that overall there is a daily killing volume in the hundreds throughout the country.

What started as a voicing of opinion and a desire for change has evolved into a war between the regime and Syrians who want a new government. But its way beyond that now. Daily recruits from Al-Quaida type groups are entering Syria. Currently they are focused on fighting the regime. If there is a regime change and the Al-Quaida elements remain in the country they will start killing natives.

Just as it has occurred everywhere else.

With regard to your questions: I believe it reflects the self same pattern of life in Islamic lands that has been occurring for the last 6 decades. Islamic sects kill one another. No significant force within Islamic dominated nations is making an effort to quell the violence of Muslims on Muslims. On the contrary there are many elements of Islamic life in these nations that encourages the killings.

Both sides, or as in this case three sides will go out and kill one another and chant Allahu Akbar as they kill, murder and torture one another. The same thing has been occurring for six straight decades non-stop. Why is Syria any different? In fact, since Al-Quaida supporters are streaming in, it seems to be the opportunity to expand the killing fields they support.

If they chant and call on Allah in Libya, as you pointed out, and they are doing the same thing in Syria then it is endemic and clearly wrapped into the religion and culture during these times.

earlpearl, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  3. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Before watching the 'gruesome' video take note of how you feel inside (your mood), then watch the video and take note again, just to see how it affects you. I'll admit I did not watch this video but having performed the experiment a few years ago I do not watch people getting killed now.

Bushranger, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It must be nice to live in la la land. Again, you ignore all the facts and start to make a story that serves your own agenda which if I don´t copy your long wind style, simply can be described as Islam is bad, all Muslims are violent and enjoy killing each other and others.
    You ignore the fact that the governments of Saudi Arabi and Bahrain kill their own people with the support of USA becasue they are friends and no change of regime is in the cards. You ignore the fact that the "Arab spring" in Libya and Syria started in boarder areas (Libya next to the water, Syria next to Turkey) were "friends of democracy" could supply "the democracy fighters" inside the country with weapons to start a civil war. These killings is not about democracy or Islam, it is about change of regimes.

gworld, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  5. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    Gworld: you have a clear bias and point of view that turns your posts in a way you want. The "arab spring" hit an enormous number of nations, including Iran and Saudi Arabia. Those two are enemies of one another, and one has US support while the other does not. Both regimes squashed the internal rebellions. Will the dissent reappear? I can't say. It has nothing to do with US support.

The US supports a lot of nations. Some suck. Some involve what I view as "deals with the devil". That is what is described as real politics. The Saudis, as a regime, and how they develop a nation are no saints. The Saudi's were in full support of the Kuwaiti's in 1991-1992 who engaged in ethnic cleansing--ridding the nation of Palestinians. Then they killed press follow up on this remarkable story. The entire experience shows amplifies how the Muslim world support of Palestinians has been a bullshit public relations joke for over 60 years. All arabic and muslim nations have treated the Palestinians like crap. They use them to divert attention from their own miserable regimes.

As to what is now civil war in Syria. Its been going on for about 1.5 years. Its gotten worse over time--> more violent more serious. But for the longest time in this 17 month period this "border thing" you are expressing simply wasn't a part of the equation: Syrians opposed to Assad were escalating their opposition to his regime...and his government has been unable to quash that opposition...as the Saudi's and Iranians were able to do so.

Now there are reported to be daily incursions of Al-Quaida supporters entering Syria. Its a long and ill protected border. It evolved that way. Its not some Gworldish interpretation.

earlpearl, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  6. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My question, who is supplying the weapons to fuel this "civil war". Al-qaida don't own weapon factories. Its a war not a small conflict which "al-qaida" can support with large amount of supplies.

wmghori, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  7. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone saw a kid with the man at 1:01 to 1:04? this is pathetic. Psychos should not have access to weapons of any sort.

wmghori, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Again you are showing your lack of knowledge about the geo-politics of that area. The problem in Iran was totally a conflic between two side of the regime. One side wants to compromise with west to save all the monies and businesses they have in west and the otherside that thinks any compromise will result in fall of the regime. The leader of "democratic movemnet" was a prime minister from 1980s and the person responsibe for mass execuations during his government.
    There are geniune protest in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain but they are supressed becuase people in the street have no chance against the millitary. In Libya, even today if they let Ghadafi son run for president in a free election, he will win with relatively good majority. Libya "reveloution" started with gang of armed groups in the next to sea which were armed to start the civil war, so the "democracy lovers" will have chance to change the regime with the help of gun ships support provided by "defenders of people".
    They wanted to repeat the same story in Syria on Turkish border but Russia and China learned their lesson and firmly stand their ground and "democracy lovers" could not deliver gun ship democracy. so now we have a mass of a civil war that innocent people get killed as usual.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    gworld, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  9. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, this kind of behavior appears to be quite common indoctrinated practice in certain countries and rather large sections of our Planet`s peace loving human fraternity. A kind of national sport, honed to absolute perfection over countless Centuries of enthusiastic practice.

It is a great pity that the person taking the video had not read the instructions on how to focus the instrument properly and hold it onto the target subject, instead of waving it around at about everything else it pointed at. He may as well have just thrown it into the air and taken pot luck. Perhaps he got distracted by all the activity.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    John Bull, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  10. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    gworld:

I see you entirely ignored the OP and the video. Do you have a problem watching muslims killing muslims and praising allah during the little cultural religious feast that spans Islamic nations?

We already know that the carrier of hatred and lies, Mikael already supports this. He has acknowledged it. Would you like to acknowledge your support also?

Why don't you comment on the OP and the video instead of going off on a totally irrelevant tangent.

In that video some muslims just killed some other muslims. Some on the killing side seemed to turn aside. Other celebrated by praising allah.

Why don't you respond to the thread?

earlpearl, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are an intelligent person and capable of learning and that is the reason I try to discuss with you, so you can learn and change. The original post is nothing new to discuss. War always bring the worst in some people who enjoy killing and torture. I have seen with my own eyes when in 3-4 months over 500,000 people were massacred and they were not Muslims. Just to make you happy, I make a comment on original video that in war people kill and torture each other. Are you happy know and can we discuss something worth discussing and not the obvious?

gworld, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  12. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know they were tribal leaders ? @ OP

Mikaël2, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  13. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice of you to drop by this thread, Mikael! I really want to hear your opinion on this matter.
    Regarding your question - I don't know if they were tribal leaders, this is a simple copy/paste title from Youtube. Question is, does it matter? :confused:

DevilHellz, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  14. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Mikaël2, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  15. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you approve of this? It looks like a savage circus of deranged people thirsty for blood. All while chanting "Allah akbar".
    Are executions like this one considered OK in islam? Are they approved by allah/muhammad?

DevilHellz, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  16. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    I think they could have been killed in a different way. Maybe they should have been hanged. But since they were members of a pro-Assad militia, I'm not going to shed any tears.

Mikaël2, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  17. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    I realize that the fascination and enthusiasm of the Middle Ages in slaughtering people is still practiced with traditional hysterical frenzy in Syria and other countries in this area by the masses and I feel a total alien of a more civilized and advanced society on this thread, but PLEASE look on the bright side.

Whilst the Syrian Olympics team in London have not even won an argument, perhaps if the Syrian administration concentrate on persuading the Olympics Committee over the next 4 years to have beheading, killing and other nice ways to fragment people included as a recognized sport in the next Olympics, then we could well see Syria win a few Gold Medals.

John Bull, Aug 5, 2012 IP