1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Planning on opening a shop

Discussion in 'General Business' started by david.michael, Jul 26, 2012.

Hi,

I bought a shop with 4 PC.... I want to start my business with projects like web development or any financial project.. can someone help me where can I get projects ? or someone interested to do business with me can PM me.

david.michael, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  2. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Apply for work on Odesk.com and freelancer maybe?

MobileInternet, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  3. globeinnov

globeinnov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest work on your local market first, where are u based? then start doing business from there.

globeinnov, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  4. Marco Casario

Marco Casario Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, local market first and then expand. I was thinking along the lines and I plan to put up 10 computers and an internet cafe. From there I can afford to pay a shop keeper than also knows how to code in HTML. Once this is operational, I plan to move into finding web dev and seo projects and so on and so forth...step by step...

Marco Casario, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  5. maartenvr

maartenvr Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds to me like you are putting the cart before the horse.
    Do some market research. See what people want/need in your area. Ask questions, do surveys etc. You are going to be spending a lot of time and effort, so you want to make sure you are doing the right thing!

maartenvr, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  6. raindog308

raindog308 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The problem with finding jobs online (e.g., vworker.com) is that you're competing against the entire world.

In local markets, you're only competing against other local people. True, someone might go online for web design, but a lot of small businesses are happy to deal locally.

raindog308, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  7. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    Freelancer.com
    renatacoder.com and other freelance sites..

Titing Kabayo, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  8. x0n

x0n Peon

Best Answers:
    Reach out to your local businesses, offer a large discount to your initial first clients to build up some sort of portfolio, after you've landed your first few jobs you'll have something to show future perspective clients. After you've established yourself, then move onto web clients. However depending on your location, you should always be able to find work in your local area, or surrounding areas once business owners start talking to eachother.

x0n, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  9. prohost

prohost Member

Best Answers:
    In our opinion your webdevelopment should not be called a shop but office or business and actually if you market worldwide anyone bother to visit your shop ?

prohost, Aug 4, 2012 IP