1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much directory submission worth these days?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Grace07, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi All,

My question is how much directory submission worth these days? i am working on site and having 9 keywords and submitting one keywords in five directory total are 45 directory in which 7 indicate home page and 2 are of internal pages.
    lots of work has been done from last year so 6 keywords are in top 5 and 3 are in top 20.
    should i continue directory submission for all keywords ? i do submission from pr 0-5 directories.

waiting a right advice.

Thanks

Grace07, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  2. anneshaw

anneshaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums and blog commenting are more helpful . Previously Directory submission was of great help but these days , I don't find it successful. Some of the paid sites are good but if one is going for free services , its just a waste of time and energy.

anneshaw, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  3. msafi2

msafi2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though directory submissions have been seen as going low in value, you have to also consider the fact that Google likes diversity. Using just a few types of links isn't going to do the job for you. Even if you choose not to concentrate heavily on submitting to directories, I would say you still need to continue placing at least a small number of your links on directories--especially if you have already started doing so. If you want Google to like your site then you are going to have to look as natural as possible. And to do this you need to make all types of links.

msafi2, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  4. sphere1

sphere1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is a brilliant for your site. Mix that up with High PR links and blog comments are you are good to go.

sphere1, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  5. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as quality is there i would suggest you submit as much you can, BUT QUALITY OF DIRECTORY IS A "MUST" TERM...

arshid, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  6. psychicmystery

psychicmystery Active Member

Best Answers:
    you will not get a lot of value from directories, but it helps a bit.

psychicmystery, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  7. cyber123

cyber123 Banned

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is a best way to get good backlink

cyber123, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  8. msafi2

msafi2 Peon

Best Answers:
    You make a good point, but I would like to add to it and elaborate a bit. Quality should definitely be a top concern, especially if you are going to invest a lot of effort and expect to see some quick results. But its been said many times that you need all types of links in your back-linking plan. I would not be too concerned if some of the links are of poorer quality just so long as the majority were of higher quality. A good way not to get your artificial link-building noticed and to make it look natural in the eyes of Google is to mix in some of the lesser links with your high quality ones. What a lot of people don't seem to realize is that there is a such thing as over optimizing and adding too much value too quickly.

msafi2, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  9. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is a very important part of seo, According to me we can submit around 50 directory in a website in these days.

azharSEO, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  10. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think 100 to 200 directory submission would be sufficient enough in your link building campaign nowadays.

eric_wahlberg, Aug 6, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.