1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO is driving me crazy...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ginhev, Jul 30, 2012.

Hello...

So I have a total of three websites now, one of which is e-commerce, it is the only e-commerce in that niche in the world, so it's going well, earning about $3400 profit per month after three months. I have not done any SEO as I don't know how to do it. I just finished the website with Magento and then it became number one on Google automatically as there are no other websites in that niche.

The second one I have made previous threads about: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2508939 as I don't know much about SEO I thought I will never succeed with that because weight loss is high competition in the whole world. After like 30 articles I'm selling it and someone wants to buy it for $70 from me mainly for the domain name and not for the articles so I'm waiting until he pays..

Now, I started a third one.. It is lu*g*.se (* = i). The website is in Swedish and mainly for swedish people, getting around 33.000 exact searches here in Sweden. After like two days I'm already on page two on Google (Sweden). But I'm wondering what to do to get to page one? And on the first page, the first three are swedish wikipedias, then comes one english wikipedia, and then results from pictures (google pics), then another english wiki, two youtube videos, some flashsite from the 90's in english, some jazz club in new york and last but not least a swedish restaurant. On the second page the only things before me is youtube videos (one) and a english collegehumor site.

How can I compete against them? Where should I market my site to get backlinks? Should I write more content? I only have four articles currently, I'm trying to create a site on different people with the name Lu*g* (famous ofcourse) but the other people with the names Luigi besides from those three I have on gets less than 100 searches per month in Sweden. And on those names there are famous swedish universities and such on page one and Wikipedia of course.

So what do you think? I can't find a good place for backlinking. Searching for blogs about lu*g* to make some comments on can't be found in Swedish. The only backlink I actually have is from a Swedish forum asking for a review and that's how it got indexed and already on page two.

Is there any way to beat the top wikipedia results? I hope to get some tips!

EDIT: Or how would you maximize the use of this good domain name? I managed to snap it up after 11 years of registration.

ginhev, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  2. Bearmar

Bearmar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ginhev,
    I am intrigued by the e-commerce site that is the only one of its kind. That is spectacular. But as far as the Luigi site, I would say make some videos and put them on you tube. Once you do that, there are sites that will get you views and comments for a price, which will increase the rankings. You mentioned that 3 of the sites ahead of you are from you tube. If you can get videos to rank better than them, I would think that would help. I know that social media is rapidly working it's way up in the search engines. Hope that helps.

Bearmar, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  3. kanike

kanike Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Ginhev
    You seem to be doing pretty good for someone who doesn't know seo...not many people making $3400 per month from one website with no SEO!! You need to give me your formula LOL.... Don't think you'll be able to beat wikipedias though but you may be able to beat the youtube videos and link back to your website. Check out how many views the youtube videos have if it's less than 20,000 you should be able to beat them with some backlinking to your youtube video. Create the video and buy some views and backlinking on fiverr...that way you can get your video on page one at least. Also if the wikipedia pages are related to your site subject you can go on and add something with a link to you site (look this up in google on how to add to wikipedias) and you don't always have to just add backlinks to blogs that are related to your subject as long as you add a decent informative comment it should be ok.

kanike, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  4. Evocess

Evocess Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm amazed with what you shared.
    Making $3400/month without SEO is something already.

I agree with the post above that if you wish to beat the 3 other sites ahead from you in youtube. You need to make some awesome videos like story line video of your product or your business. It can drive traffic to your site.

If you look for someone who can help you make great videos see this Evocess Studio

Thanks,
    Justin Durano

Evocess, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  5. snakeman

snakeman Peon

Best Answers:
    $3400/month without SEO is really amazing!Most people would kill for that!My advice for what it's worth is trial and error and lots of backlinks.You can't go wrong!

snakeman, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  6. Jayres10

Jayres10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is awesome that you are doing great with one site. About your third site, I just thought that when people search a term and look at the search results, not everyone is going to click on the wiki sites because not all of them searched the term to 'learn' about the term. People can refine the search by narrowing down, but I don't think is would be a major issue. I don't know how you did it without any knowledge in SEO; you just concentrate on getting the third site on the first page. Good luck.

Jayres10, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  7. ginhev123

ginhev123 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is an equivalent of fiverr here in Sweden where they sell for example 1,500 backlinks for $10.. Is that good you think? Should I go for them?

Thanks!

ginhev123, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  8. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, guys, it's not surprising that an e-commerce site is making this much... In an uncrowded niche, some well-organized off-line advertising campaign or paid ads can be enough to drive traffic.

As for your Luigi site... You know, people's names are tricky. You probably know that the search results get personalized these days. And this is especially true about people's names as search queries. For example, if 5% of your prospects have a friend named Luigi, they may get their friend's Facebook profile, LinkedIn profile, etc. in the search results. Your keywords tracker could be showing you that you rank number 5 for Luigi, but your actual clients will see you at position 12 because of personalization.

Kianu42, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  9. cobaltchromeforever

cobaltchromeforever Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah really impressive that you have been able to carve out that niche for yourself!

cobaltchromeforever, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  10. wemowe8230

wemowe8230 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have done well

wemowe8230, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  11. BacklinkExpert

BacklinkExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, wiki and youtube sites, they are sites that contain lots of backlinks from other sites. Wikipedia sites contain lots of high PRs links, wiki has a good SEO. Recently, the panda and penguin updates give wiki and amazon a big boost too.

First you need to do SEO for your site, this is a ''MUST'' as wiki is extremely SEO-ed. Without SEO, you will never outrank a wiki article.
    Check the no of backlink that the wikipedia article has using ahrefs, majesticSEO
    To outrank wiki, you need to create lots of high PR backlink, try links from the page 1 of the google top 10 results.

My advice to you is that since there are so many wiki article floating around page 1, it is not worth to spend time SEO and building backlink to outrank them.

BacklinkExpert, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  12. Bearmar

Bearmar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Since no one answered your 2nd question, I will give you my thoughts on your Swedish fivver. For starters, it's only $10, what have you got to lose? BUT, I don't know if I am sold on that whole process. I did it once, and spent more than $10 and I was not impressed. Basically, all they are doing is submitting your link to different sites, and most of them are directories. (not great for SEO) You are not guaranteed to get the link. I had them submit my site and send the emails my way so I could see what was happening. I got the couple hundred responses of where I was submitted and pending review. Out of those, I got maybe 5 confirmations, 2 rejections and that's it. So I am still being reviewed a month later or I am not getting anything for my money. To be fair, a lot of them said it could take a month or longer to be reviewed, but also a lot said within 48hrs. Either way, I did not get many responses back. Could have been a bad choice of provider, but I wasn't impressed. But again, it is only $10. The only other thing I would worry about is being linked to low quality sites or irrelevant sites, which is not a good thing for the Penguin.

Bearmar, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  13. Bestservices4u

Bestservices4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bestservices4u, Aug 31, 2012 IP