1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling advertising on my website - Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by hmilesjr, Jul 22, 2005.

I have been approached by a couple of different text link brokers about selling ad space on my Insurance site. It has a PR7 homepage, 15 PR6 pages, about 60 PR5 pages, plus about 180 other various PR value pages.

Here are the questions I have.

The fees associated with them are high. Other than DP and Linkadage, are there other options for selling the space? I feel I could charge a lot less and sell much faster if I did it myself. I also, don't want to open up all pages at once, just the most important ones. But I'm not sure. This is new territory for me.

While brainstorming about this I also had an idea that I am not sure if it will work or not but I wanted to run by some of you to get your thoughts.

I was thinking about creating a section off my Homepage called Featured Articles. The Featured Articles page would have links to paid placed articles (no other ads on article page) on my site with 4 text links inside the body and/or footer of the artcle. The links on the Featured Article page would appear as so:

Your Homepage Link
    You will recieve a two sentence intro to your article with a link pointing to the article on our site at the end of the intro. Article Link Here

I would also place a text link on 4 different PR5 pages for a total of 9 site links.

I was thinking this would look more natural to th search engines and I could SEO the pages for search traffic. Does this sound like a feasible idea?

Hubert Miles

hmilesjr, Jul 22, 2005 IP
  2. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Sounds very feasible and actually appealing.

xboxundone, May 9, 2006 IP
  3. Saf

Saf Peon

Best Answers:
    This idea sounds good and if it works would be great (if the price is right). Just a few things I think you may find interesting if you pursue this venture, firstly if this is going to be used to help the article publishers SE ranking then there should be as few links on the page as possible (obviously there has to be one), but as far as I know the more links you have on 1 page to a certain site the less that link will get in “credit” (sounds odd but that’s what that say, so one link is better that 2 or more) and second you said you are going to link to this article from other pages of your sites, if all these pages are on the same domain (i.e www.yourdomain.com/whatever) then this will make hardly any difference ether, although it wont harm to have the extra links.

Also about the quote above, you could probable sell your advertising yourself and not be charged loads from commission, there is a new site called www.adsbay.co.uk where you can auction off your advertising space and best of its free :D

I hope this information is useful

Saf, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  4. xuncoder

xuncoder Peon

Best Answers:
    The idea is good, if you need a site to sell links, I tryed linkadage, but I wasn't happy with it. I tryed linkworth.com, it is hard to use, and to learn, but I'm using it and I'm happy, I placed a lot of links in few months...

They do all, they collect payments, and they send you the money every month by paypal or bank wire.

xuncoder, Jun 17, 2006 IP
  5. Millionaires Row Adverts

Millionaires Row Adverts Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you think millionaires-row-advertising.com is a cool new way to advertise??

6. joefizz

joefizz Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hi Hubert,

My only point to mention is the relationship you enjoy with your clients. Would the articles spoil their experience? If you don't have a close relationship...then it doesn't matter...go for it! :rolleyes:

Llwyddiant!

Joe

joefizz, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  7. Michael Baptiste

Michael Baptiste Banned

Best Answers:
    this sounds like a good idea, is all of the traffic organic?
    Or paid?

Michael Baptiste, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  8. StephConset

StephConset Peon

Best Answers:
    My only point to mention is that this thread is from 2005!!!! I think Hubert has probably moved on in the past 7 years.

StephConset, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  9. cambrelle

cambrelle Peon

Best Answers:
    it is goood idea I think, as long as you have enough traffic

cambrelle, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  10. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. I would like to hear how the traffic's changed.

cameronpalte, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  11. cambrelle

cambrelle Peon

Best Answers:
    I just noticed that this post is created on 2005, hmilesj must has already moved on

cambrelle, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  12. bkkguy

bkkguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Fees may be high you need to consider how much time and money you'd have t spend to get the same return they are offering. They should have clients lined up so you'll be making money from day one. Sounds like a good offer for minimal work. But you could make more long-term if you put in the effort to find clients yourself.

bkkguy, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  13. bmoore35

bmoore35 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would just set it up myself and save yourself the money. Then if it doesn't work try the other services.

bmoore35, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  14. mikewoods

mikewoods Peon

Best Answers:
    I think so long as the ads don't detract from the overall user experience, monetizing a site is a good idea.

mikewoods, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  15. globeinnov

globeinnov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's easy to sell ad spots when ur site have high traffic of course. i recommend buysellads for this.

globeinnov, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  16. arazzaq321

arazzaq321 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Clickbank affiliate program is much useful for you in this regard.

arazzaq321, Nov 19, 2012 IP