1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC against SEO? What's better?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by Sam 735, Jul 9, 2008.

1. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In many cases PPC should also be long term because you need to give it enough time to tweak it and like most things it should be an ongoing process, i think the mistake many people make is doing it in short bursts, most of the people stating PPC is for this or that have probably never done it, most people dont understand how to use it properly.

I bet the thread OP has never spent a penny on PPC and never intended to either.

pipes, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  2. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Do SEO (white hat) if you do not have enough budget or have PPC if you set money for that. SEO and PPC have its own benefits. Actually, both methods complement each other in letting your site ranks high.

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  3. 2rich2die

2rich2die Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd go with SEO any time.
    It is Free you just have to learn the tricks of the trade.

2rich2die, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  4. mamtak

mamtak Member

Best Answers:
    hi dear,

you are right but when you start any business for branding that you can use PPC as you know it is very costly you can not use always. so it is better to do SEO that will help you in geting organic traffic and you will not need ppc any more.

mamtak, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  5. simplez888

simplez888 Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC will bring you quick results especially with competitive phrases

simplez888, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  6. rajkumar.creativelipi

rajkumar.creativelipi Peon

Best Answers:
    For instant result go with PPC and SEO is time consuming.

rajkumar.creativelipi, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  7. LucianoFigallo

LucianoFigallo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, SEO is very time consuming and, with the continuous changes on google's algorithms, it's a harder to predict art...PPC gives you the right visitors you want quickly, but you must be sure to earn enough commissions for paying your PPC expenses.

LucianoFigallo, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  8. Amadeus47

Amadeus47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've found, as others here have stated, that PPC can get very expensive. I've tried it with limited results. The quickest and, from what long time marketers say, the best way to earn money with Internet Marketing (IM) in the long run is through using Click Per Action (CPA) posts (these are also referred to Cost Per Action or Pay Per Action - PPA). What these business sites do is pay you a set amount of money (ranging from a few cents to hundreds of dollars - in rare cases) by a company selling a service or product. You can research companies offering CPAs with Google. I suggest using the words rather than the initials of each. When you find one that works for you take the link, cloak it, and use it in your signature block. Each time someone clicks on a link you will get paid the amount listed by the company. It is best to have a PayPal or similar type of account before you start your search. The companies will want to know where to send your money.
    -Mike

Amadeus47, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  9. apartridge7

apartridge7 Peon

Best Answers:
    natural listings are so much more worth while than ppc. 1) they are free 2) adevertising companies generally wont call you up to "optimise" your adwords campaign. and 3) most people click on the organic links.

its worth putting the effort in at the beginning to get the dollar at the end :)

apartridge7, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  10. arthisoftseo

arthisoftseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From my experience The answer is depend on your cost value.

arthisoftseo, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  11. StephenRyze

StephenRyze Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many factors to consider when you opt for either of the choice like nature of your website, your budget , your current position in organic search. If it is informative website then SEO is the way to go and if you are selling a product/ service and budget is not a concern then PPC suits you the most. Another point to be considered is
    click through rate is higher in organic search ranking rather then paid results!

StephenRyze, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  12. agrukuki

agrukuki Member

Best Answers:
  13. Mithuasha

Mithuasha Banned

Best Answers:
    From my point of view, SEO is the best than PPC. I do believe that SEO is very easier. SEO is a technique if you want long term result . Obviously, your website must be before it was click by the visitor. You can do it by SEO and link building technique.

Mithuasha, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  14. turntablist100

turntablist100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it really depends on your website and business. PPC works extremely well if you know how to target long tail keywords effectively providing you with unique targeted visitors and therefore a decent conversion rate.

turntablist100, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  15. biggig

biggig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One more thing you need to understand, if you are a brand, I mean offline brand like coca cola or pfizer or such on which there is brand recall, then you have it .go for PPC and if you are trying to build your brand and not much active in offline space, better start with SEO

biggig, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  16. biggig

biggig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @shahab6 that good conversion rate?
    SEO only Gives conversion if you are know brand, because buyrs have figured that natural listing are for the Information, and Paid ads are good for better deals,

biggig, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  17. badabaccha

badabaccha Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is 100 times better :)

badabaccha, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  18. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    PPC is not cost effective but I think gives good result than seo. As it's a paid advertisement method so you have pay for it. It will compensate with the good result.

Digital_lover, Aug 26, 2012 IP
  19. nowrabusiness

nowrabusiness Member

Best Answers:
    They search totally different purposes. I would not suggest targeting a keyword for SEO before you try is with AdWords.

nowrabusiness, Aug 26, 2012 IP
  20. josyjacob

josyjacob Member

Best Answers:
    For me, i give my vote on SEO. Although PPC gives faster results, you have to spend some money to have the results you wanted. While with SEO, you will get your backlinks without spending a dime. Work and effort to achieved long term results. This is just how I see the difference of the two and anyone can object.

josyjacob, Sep 2, 2012 IP