Pligg abusing MySQL

Discussion in 'Databases' started by marcolav, Mar 20, 2012.

Hello all

i have a site built on Pligg www.thebookmarks.net and at just 600 uniques per day it seems to be eating all MySQL resources. This is on a dedicated highly optimizaed server with the folks at Unixy.net so i am rather confident that the machine is performing fine, however the site is killing the whole server, does anybody have any suggestions (aside the obvious drop Pligg?)

Thx

marcolav, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  2. snowelephant

snowelephant Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are comfortable with mysql, you could look into tuning - if you can find the offending query(s) you may be able to add an index to improve matters. Another possibility is caching the HTML output, which should circumvent the issue entirely. I'm not sure if Pligg has plugins for that, but Varnish is a popular caching server you could look at.

snowelephant, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  3. joerudy1988

joerudy1988 Peon

Best Answers:
    use explain to see if there is anything you can improve

joerudy1988, May 28, 2012 IP
  4. Jestuh

Jestuh Member

Best Answers:
    I have a site using Pligg and it gets hit by spammers thousands of times around the clock. My host has said it's bogging down the shared server it's on. Maybe it's just not showing up in your unique hits? I would recommend tailing the logs to see what kind of activity you have.

Jestuh, Jul 29, 2012 IP