1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid someone to write unique articles, found out he posted/sold them to others!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Boardwalk, Jul 27, 2012.

Hi.

Some time ago, I had hired someone to write quite a number of articles for my website. We agreed that once I pay for his work, I will have all rights to the articles. Unfortunately, I have discontinued my project so I decided to sell the would-be content of my site. I recently sold one set of these articles and found out (from the buyer) that they have been submitted to various ezines (possibly by the writer, or he may have sold the articles that I PAID FOR)!! :mad:

Now I am trying to contact the writer about this issue, but I'm not sure if I would still be able to get a response as it's been quite a long time since I had the articles written. Is there any action that I could take? It's really unfair for me and the buyer (supposed to be the new owner of the articles) as well. I feel so cheated, and on top of that I feel like I've lost the trust of my buyer already.

Boardwalk, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  2. TonyMarket

TonyMarket Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to suggest that first of all, you need to take care of website contents as if you think to sell it, you will need to fix it's ranking and value as you said, copied contents will harm the ranking and PR. If you would like to have my content writing service then do feel free to ask as we never disclose any client contents to others. also, we don't provide completed orders as samples even. Normally, one will check from CS when they receive contents ready, but bit surprised when you didn't do that. I hope priproty goes to "website and trust" as these are important for you at this moment instead of report despite or action against the one because these actions you can take later on too.

TonyMarket, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The thing about articles is, even if the party did not submit them to other sites, then other people surely did, or put them on
    their own sites claiming them as their own, or whatever, it is what happens when you put content online, other people take it, spread it, even if you dont....

dscurlock, Jul 28, 2012 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You should refund the person who bought them from you and then ask for a refund from the guy you paid or forget it and call it a day.

browntwn, Jul 28, 2012 IP
  5. intercom

intercom Peon

Best Answers:
    Get new articles written for the site. And leave bad reviews for this guy if you can.

intercom, Jul 28, 2012 IP
  6. Walter Parrish

Walter Parrish Member

Best Answers:
    If you had no written agreement or something documenting your terms with the writer then NO, but what you can do is continue to try and contact him and find out what happened. Maybe you can get some money back that way if he agrees. It would also open a door giving you a chance to possibly get all money back. Personally I would just let it all go unless there's big money involved.

Walter Parrish, Aug 15, 2012 IP