1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google distroyed my website

Discussion in 'SEO' started by habbyworld, Jul 12, 2012.

My website has plummeted to almost nothing compared to what it was. I use to get about 500 visits a day. Now it`s down to 50 to 100. I have no idea what to do. I did have good ranking in google but since they have changed there algorithm, it has ruined my website and i dont know what to do to improve it. I use The W3C Markup and my website is next to perfect for errors compared to others and that makes no difference. I have been using IBP and that is not seeming to help matters any more like it used to.

habbyworld, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  2. pri2sh

pri2sh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google has effected several of my website, at first it was hit by Penguin in April then somehow through extensive work i was able to recover but again in June I was hit by Panda. Still i don't know how to recover.
    And site that copies post from our website rank better than us, and digg bookmark appears in first where as original post is found nowhere... for example search for term "Si7 tablet" in google.

pri2sh, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  3. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes I have had similar problems - it is really annoying to get outranked by people who have stolen your content. Send Google a DMCA notification and you should be able to get the stolen content deindexed. You can complain to webmasters, but few seem to respond - but some do. worth a try.

I feel bad threatening people who obviously love the same things as I - I am a hobbyiest with some great websites - but google's obscure rankings of the last few months have forced me into this position

cosmonaut, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  4. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow. I understand how you're feeling after what happened to the sites you created for a long time to only end up like what it is now. But it's just because of the panda update. Content thieves wouldn't make that much effect on your ranking. Just rebuild all your back links and re do article submissions and the like and your rankings should go back to normal dramatically. Just start over with your SEO strategy and quality contents.

imgeek2727, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  5. freespace

freespace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Has your ranking drop a few spots or dissapeared. The update probably boosted your competitors.

A few position changes in ranking makes a big difference in traffic.

freespace, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  6. ggseo

ggseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it' difficult to get traffic from big G now:mad:

ggseo, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  7. johnmags

johnmags Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The same also happened to my site. Just keep on adding fresh and good quality contents daily if possible, and it will get back its ranking soon.

johnmags, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  8. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you checked in Google Webmaster Tools if there is a URL removal request present for your site?

dom19, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  9. hope2life

hope2life Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sites are being penalized for over optimization. Use proper navigation to recover from penalty. Restructure your site. Properly categorize your topics or products(for ecommerce site). Don't mix categories.

Home > Toys > Branded Toys > Fisher Price

this is proper categorization. In Each page you must show such link structure as above so that user can properly know where the page is coming from.

Hope that helps.

hope2life, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  10. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    After getting hit by Penguin or Panda, you must have a lot of thing to do in on-page. Good quality content and quality back links are important. Do easy navigation and do if you feel some other on page optimization is required. These will help you, though you have to work hard and wait to regain your previous position.

rubeljoy, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  11. igor_k

igor_k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    just the same problem everything was pretty good, high ranking and so on, but after these changes, new algorithm everything has gone wrong, and even optimization does not help, and i have no idea what to do.

igor_k, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  12. habbyworld

habbyworld Peon

Best Answers:
    Mt ranking has dropped from 2nd on the first page to 1st on the 3rd page for a certain keyword.

habbyworld, Jul 14, 2012 IP
  13. mastjaat

mastjaat Member

Best Answers:
    ok going with natural click. you use blogposting. And remove duplicate content. <a href="www.moveforwardwebdesign.com.au">web application development sydney
    </a>

mastjaat, Jul 15, 2012 IP
  14. faisalmaximus

faisalmaximus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After penguin update, many legitimate websites sunk and many bad websites got good ranking. One of my sites, for a specific keyword was on rank 1, after 2 weeks of 26 april, my site went to position 2 and the site that outrank my website was a rubbish one, the site doesn't have any quality content also. I am frustrated on penguin.

faisalmaximus, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  15. jeet25

jeet25 Peon

Best Answers:
    dont copy the content, make natural link building, dont over optimized.

jeet25, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  16. captainluffy

captainluffy Member

Best Answers:
    The site looks to be affected by Penguin.
    You will need to get SEO done to regain the position.

Lemme know if you need SEO.

captainluffy, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  17. LPEZZINI

LPEZZINI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For what it's worth I lost 50-60-% have have started to gain traffic through blogg post and optimizing different pages on my site. Best of luck

LPEZZINI, Jul 28, 2012 IP
  18. premd

premd Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    I can understand your situtation, you please verify your content, built quality backlinks make paidlinks, buy paid link in standard company that will be worth full.

regards
    davis

premd, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  19. action script

action script Member

Best Answers:
    Most of all websites affected by this algo ...... but check in Bing and Yahoo your keyword gets same position......

action script, Aug 3, 2012 IP