1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Make an easy $5! Write ORIGINAL travel articles about your hometown/current city

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Boardwalk, Jul 25, 2012.

I'm looking for people to write ORIGINAL and UNIQUE articles about the city or town where they grew up or where they're currently staying. These articles will be featured in a mini section of the travel blog we're currently developing. Once you get paid for the articles, you agree that the articles will be our property and you may not sell them to other people.

You may use the following outline/guidelines in writing your article:
    • A short introduction on why you're there and why you chose to stay there (it's your hometown, work demands, etc, etc.)
    • Recommended places to shop
    • Recommended places to dine
    • Recommended places to party/get drinks/etc.
    • Local events to take note of
    • What makes your hometown/city unique? What sets it apart from other places?
    I prefer places which are not really known (i.e., not like London, San Francisco, Paris, etc.) Articles about cities in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, other Asian countries, African countries, third world countries, are most welcome. Big cities would be okay, but articles about small yet interesting towns would be better.

Required word count: more or less 500 words
    Make an extra $1.00 by providing an ORIGINAL photo which is related to the article you wrote. I will NOT accept images from flickr, google image search, etc.

PLEASE DO NOT copy the questions/guidelines and then just input your response. I need articles which will make readers feel that they're being told stories/facts based from real experiences, so you have to follow your own unique writing style, construct your own paragraphs, and such and such.

I will pay via paypal.

Boardwalk, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  2. Betemariam

Betemariam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,
    I live in Addis Ababa capital of Ethiopia(east Africa).I know the city very well.I learned in a school whose medium of instruction is English. So my English will not be a problem. As I am a local I can provide original content . PM me if you are interested @

Betemariam, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  3. Boardwalk

Boardwalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've received a lot of PMs, but I'm NOT looking for GENERIC articles which just tell people something like "these are the places you should visit," blah blah blah. As I mentioned in my first post:

That means I need you to write in first person. Narrate your experiences. Tell the readers about the places tourists should visit. Let them know which places the locals hang out a lot in. Again, here are the guidelines (feel free to add your own):
    • A short introduction on why you're there and why you chose to stay there (it's your hometown, work demands, etc, etc.)
    • Recommended places to shop
    • Recommended places to dine
    • Recommended places to party/get drinks/etc.
    • Local events to take note of
    • What makes your hometown/city unique? What sets it apart from other places?

Boardwalk, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  4. QualityWriting

QualityWriting Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

I currently live in Mount Shasta, California which is an awesome little town. Most of the people who live here flocked here from the Bay area back in the late 1960's to early 1970's. It's full of hippies, legends about a whole community that lives inside the mountain ( http://www.siskiyous.edu/shasta/fol/lem/index.htm), and just a lot of really cool energy. I am originally from Hollywood, Florida but have lived in a number of different places, such as Yreka,Ca ( where the gold rush happened- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yreka,_California), Kent, Wa, McDonough, Ga, Warner Robins, Ga, Albany, Ga, and quite a few more. I think I could easily write in first person about any of these places. You can contact me at if you are interested.

Thanks,

Christy

QualityWriting, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  5. s.roy

s.roy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

I am a writer by passion and I strongly feel the urge to make people know about the beauty of the country and city I have been brought up in. Emotions will be reflected in my articles and I promise to make people feel the urge to visit that place.

I have samples to show you, but they do not follow your guidelines, though. I have written travel articles in the past and if provided an opportunity to let people see my city through my eyes, I shall make it a huge success.

I can keep the readers engrossed, I am from Kolkata, the ex-capital of British Raj in India.

You can contact me [akianki(at)gmail(dot)com].

Waiting for your reply.

Warmest regards,
    Ankhi

s.roy, Jul 30, 2012 IP