1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best redirect for seo please help

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vnairp11, Jul 26, 2012.

Ok i have two related sites, i am combining both sites (wordpress blogs) what is the best course of action for SEO.

just delete 2nd site and domain and forward nothing ( and add articles later own to site 1)

do a 301 redirect from domain 2nd domain to 1st domain ( add articles)

or leave both sites as is then use the yoast redirect functionality to copy post to 1st site then forward it from the post from 2nd site? (would this be copying)?

please help.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    vnairp11, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  2. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A permanent redirect would be the way to go providing the 2 websites are related. This way any link juice from the old websites backlink profile will flow through.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  3. vnairp11

vnairp11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks, do i copy all the posts from the old site to new site first? the category structure changes a little , so wouldn't this effect the indexed search pages?

how do i do a permanent redirect?

vnairp11, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  4. adilenkim

adilenkim Peon

Best Answers:
    permanent redirect is the best one redirect for SEO purpose...

adilenkim, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  5. easypr

easypr Member

Best Answers:
    Best way is redirect your website. Redirection will be 301 Redirection, becoz 301 is a permanent redirect which passes between 90-99% of link juice (ranking power) to the redirected page. 301 redirection refer to the HTTP status codes for this type of redirect. In most instances, the 301 redirect is the best method for implementing redirects on a website.

easypr, Jul 27, 2012 IP