1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress vs. HTML

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by bkkguy, Jul 25, 2012.

What do you guys usually use to build a website - WordPress or HTML? Why?

bkkguy, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  2. workingsmart

workingsmart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are trying to compare a tricycle to a house. HTML is a markup language whereas Wordpress is a content management system.

workingsmart, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  3. vitabion

vitabion Peon

Best Answers:
    I like HTML cause I like coding.
    I don't like any readymate things anymore.

vitabion, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  4. bkkguy

bkkguy Peon

Best Answers:
    You can build a website using both, so that is a choice people have to make. I build some using WP and others using HTML. Not sure what you're getting at.

bkkguy, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  5. 3dy.ro

3dy.ro Member

Best Answers:
    If I were to start a new website, I would go for WordPress. Easy to customize, tons of plug-ins, excellent (peer-based) support. But the truth is, you should go with whatever meets your needs.

3dy.ro, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  6. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think first you need to understand whats is HTML & What is Wordpress.

HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. you cant add , edit delete any thing from your self.

WordPress based on PHP Language tool. so you can add, edit . delete any thing from wordpress admin panel.

OSSEO, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  7. WebFerret

WebFerret Peon

Best Answers:
    If I have the time I always prefer to hand code a web site from scratch.

I find you learn much more this way, avoid any unnecessary bloated code and get the design exactly how you like it.

WebFerret, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  8. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mostly depends what client require. But as per my opinion wordpress website development is best for every website to manage the content, images pages etc. Even non advance user can edit the pages easily.

creativewebmaster, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  9. 2Good

2Good Peon

Best Answers:
    HTML is a basic language to learn web designing and now a days there are many softwares that make everything automated like Dreamweaver but you have to have basic knowledge of html to work with these type of applications.
    While wordpress is a ready cms and you just have to install it by manually or by your control panel and walla all go in one click and you are ready to rock and roll and there are many themes and plugins for wordpress to make your work with ease.

2Good, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  10. imkits

imkits Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I love wp and I like to design plugin for wp. Recently, I design one plugin slider for wp. you and see at here. http://wpslider.net.

imkits, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  11. technolabsoftware

technolabsoftware Peon

Best Answers:
    I have knowledge of both and its depends on requirement what we have to use, HTML or wordpress, now these days people wants dynamic website that's why wordpress marketing is growing but HTML is 1st step of website design or development.

technolabsoftware, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  12. johnafeem

johnafeem Peon

Best Answers:
    See Wordpress is good option for creating websites, but if you want to start your career as a designer you should better start with HTML and Dreamwever.

Learn PHP, there is lot's of demand for PHP.

johnafeem, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  13. Pixon design

Pixon design Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress has a supreme advantage over a straight HTML site when it comes to updates. Not only is it an open-source platform that allows you to use multiple programming languages, so you get all the bells and whistles (HTML, PHP, MySQL, ASP, etc), but it is also user friendly for those who don’t know programming code. One of the great advantages of Wordpress is that because so many people use this universal platform, new plug ins are created almost daily. Instead of reinventing the wheel, find a plug in that does what you are looking for and with a few clicks you’re in business. Plug ins can be used to add social media marketing, SEO tools, display images, improve security, add forms, embed videos, lock out spammers and more. Yes, you can do all of these things with HTML, but you have to write the code and hope you don’t make a mistake in your code throwing the whole code off. Wordpress offers so much, it’s a big platform. This means it takes up a lot of bandwidth. Simple HTML sites tend to take up less space. so my suggestion is Wordpress is good option for website development.

Pixon design, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  14. Evocess

Evocess Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is content management system that helps you make a website with theme, plugins, upload images, etc. While HTML is hypertext mark up language.

Therefore wordpress is much better compare to HTML.

But it is a matter of choice. If you love building a website in HTML so do it, same thing as wordpress as well.

Evocess, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  15. D3Tek

D3Tek Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, WordPress is a content management system and HTML is a markup language. There would be no functionality.

However, WordPress vs Developing something yourself...well, It all depends on the task. If WordPress can handle it, then I'll use WordPress because it's simple, clean and easy to use. Plus it has great benefits, including solid code, it's secure and efficient, and has ample amounts of plugins and functions.

D3Tek, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  16. passiveincometeacher

passiveincometeacher Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress uses html. Every website uses html, unless someone has built a site using only javascript by manipulating the DOM. If you are just starting out and want to learn html so you can understand the underlying language of web browsers, then build something in html. If you are looking to do anything for a business, build the site in Wordpress. You get tons of functionality that would take you decades or millions of dollars to develop for free.

passiveincometeacher, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  17. cobaltchromeforever

cobaltchromeforever Peon

Best Answers:
    If your looking to build an e-commerce site I would use either, I would use something like os commerce where it is free to use and there are lots of plugins to customize it how you want.

cobaltchromeforever, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  18. masnan

masnan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is very simple sir.

masnan, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  19. cesurasean

cesurasean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what type of web site you wish to build. Using software that's pre-made can actually cut down on time to build a project.

cesurasean, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  20. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can use html in WordPress and use WordPress as CMS.
    WordPress Theme is coded with PHP and HTML, which is better than simple HTML. I code both WordPress Theme and HTML site so I know the difference.
    Both PHP and HTML power a website or blog with more flexibility.
    The main point is how you use WordPress.

2nd point is some guys copy your pure html site. But using PHP you can be saved from such problem.

pupul, Aug 1, 2012 IP