1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Worst Hosting Company!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by HypertextFever, Jun 12, 2007.

1. levikay

levikay Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey if anybody wants a coupon code for hostgator u can get it at www.roosterpages.com 9$ off your first month.

levikay, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  2. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    dont use ipowerweb.com they suck, 2 years to change my email address, 4 days to change to another server, that was 3 duff servers in 3 days. tech support is 24 hour, means you are in the queue for 24 hours. tech support that cant put lego together. tech support that used to work for AOL, never accept you are right and want to leave.

samantha pia, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  3. Fisker

Fisker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always go for recognised ones and ask for opinions before taking any decision. its not about the money alone but time and effort also matters

Fisker, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  4. nytrokiss

nytrokiss Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip!

nytrokiss, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  5. Peachy

Peachy Peon

Best Answers:
    The hosting company I use is pretty good. I haven't had any downtime that I've noticed, it has a quick response time, alot of bandwidth and space. There's probably other ones out there that are better, but I can't complain with the one I have.

:D

Peachy, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  6. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    I originally had hosting with 1&1 also. OMG, what a freakin nightmare. The first few months were O.K. and when I started having issues, at least the support was solid. About a year into them, their support started making a giant sucking sound.

I made the leap and went to HostGator on An0n's advice and have had NO issues yet. I also moved a couple of other domains to aSmallOrange and for a smaller company, their support is amazing for the one and only issue I've had so far! I highly recommend either.

threebuckchuck, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  7. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Which version of mysql does HostGator have running?

Do they allow curl/fsockopen to be used?

Do they allow cron jobs?

GoDaddy recently upgraded to MySQL 4.1 and does not allow PHP to make remote connections when using their shared hosting. Not being able to make remote connections is my only real complaint. I have to run cron jobs on my home server to get around that problem. I have to POST updates to my GoDaddy hosted sites. No cron jobs would be more of a problem if I didn't run a server at home.

htaccess support is improved for domains that have been recently added to your hosting account.

Prepaid for 1 year like HG requires, GoDaddy is about 70 cents less per month for the deluxe hosting which includes 100GB of diskspace (compared to HostGator's 50), 1000GB of transfer (HG has 200) and as many domains as I want (HG allows for 1).

KalvinB, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  8. spidro

spidro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is it only me here that doesn't hv bad experience with gate, i'v account there on windows hosting , i never had problem with uptime , i only had problem with the email and that is all
    i'm not saying that they r good hosting company but i never had problem with them except emails

spidro, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  9. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    We'll see how things go. So far I have had no unfixable problems and no big projects that would warrant spending an additional $7 a month for hosting. I'll keep HostGator in mind if GoDaddy ever pisses me off in an unfixable way.

KalvinB, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  10. HypertextFever

HypertextFever Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. GoDaddy is a great hosting company! Their third-party MySQL databases just slowed down on me, and that was something I couldn't afford :)

HypertextFever, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  11. Optimumsententia

Optimumsententia Peon

Best Answers:
    It is helpful to know these things. At first glance you can't tell much about their service.

Thanks for the heads up.

Optimumsententia, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  12. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    good to see a positive review of GoDaddy hosting as well (they are obviously great for domain registrations)

atxsurf, Jul 28, 2012 IP
  13. holyhermit

holyhermit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I always prefer to go with reputed web hosts like hostgator, bluehost, etc. for shared hosting. Saves lot of trouble and time.

holyhermit, Jul 28, 2012 IP