1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy hosting cpanel interface is the worst.....

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by silveraden, Sep 23, 2007.

1. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    The names that were big years ago are still etched in the public's mind but there are many companies that are doing the same thing better. If your skill set is more than basic I would suggest looking around for a hosting provider that has been stable for a number of years and has good reviews. Cpanel is supposed to make things easier not more difficult.

JPC-Sabrina, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  2. preciousadrie

preciousadrie Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you commenting on the 4GH or the 2GH version of godaddy? As i was looking into using them and comparing the 4GH godaddy to 2GH Hostgator. Any thoughts regarding this?

preciousadrie, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  3. Optimumsententia

Optimumsententia Peon

Best Answers:
    Cpanel (the actual program) is specifically designed for managing files. You should find a host which provides Cpanel.

Optimumsententia, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  4. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for adding your BS non-sense response to an old thread

atxsurf, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  5. holyhermit

holyhermit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is still the same when it comes to hosting.

holyhermit, Jul 28, 2012 IP
  6. benali

benali Member

Best Answers:
    For the first time I hear this problem from goddady

benali, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  7. Dj.c

Dj.c Peon

Best Answers:
    May I know any web hosting provider did not provide cPanel? without cPanel, they might just a windows hosting provider.

@Benali: For the first time I hear this problem from goddady
    - you must be still new in this hosting industry? Try google search, yahoo search about Godaddy and find out the answer yourself.

Dj.c, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  8. livetecshosting

livetecshosting Peon

Best Answers:
    cPanel is number 1control panel for Linux hosting. It allow you to manage the shared and reselleraccounts very easily

livetecshosting, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  9. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    cPanel is a great product. The problem is that Godaddy isn't using the cPanel product but its very own control panel. The other problem with Godaddy is that they are a domain name company principally and they aren't a company that is dedicated to hosting but rather they are dedicated to selling domain names. If you want a good hosting provider than choose a hosting company that focuses on hosting with true cPanel options.

JPC-Sabrina, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  10. die2mrw007

die2mrw007 Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend not to get godaddy hosting. it isnt any good. Only their domain services are good.

die2mrw007, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  11. mastjaat

mastjaat Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you are true i m also face it...............

mastjaat, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  12. SAIF71

SAIF71 Member

Best Answers:
    1 answer please.: Does godaddy give access to ftp to webmaster?(i'm not so expert on godaddy hosting)

SAIF71, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  13. wetbupa

wetbupa Peon

Best Answers:
    Not loyal customer treatment can be seen from the side of Godaddy, judging by the article
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-truth-team-orders-godaddy-to-shut-down-website.html
    After reading the article, we can make a conclusion that Godaddy doesn’t want to give the second chance to the client and is ready to turn off his account without any notice. Of course the company reaction is so because of the morally objectionable material against the president, but it is better to find an alternative way of hosting contents on Godaddy servers.
    The best way out from this would be sending the abuse message to the customer and deleting the morally objectionable material if there is no reaction from the customer in time.
    That is why hosting experts sometimes do not recommend Godaddy as it may suspend your domain or hosting account one day without any notice. One more example can be found via the links:
    http://www.ozzu.com/hosting-forum/godaddy-suspended-hosting-account-t106712.html
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/02/secret-service-asks-for-shutdown-of-legit-website-over-user-content-godaddy-complies/

According to http://domainnamewire.com/2011/04/06/go-daddy-suspended-150000-websites-in-2010/
    in 2010 Godaddy suspended 150,000 websites that were “found to be engaged in illegal or malicious activity.” Quite a huge number of domains with illegal contents on their sites, but were all those suspensions correct? Who knows, may be, but the reputation of the hosting despot was given to Godaddy by its customers.

wetbupa, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  14. ReebooturminD

ReebooturminD Banned

Best Answers:
    the cpanel is very easy interface, you can check for demo cpanel,
    why go daddy changed cpanel interface of them?
    cpanel is gui and fast to update the new websites.

ReebooturminD, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  15. mastjaat

mastjaat Member

Best Answers:
    most welcome in our domain hosting services........................

mastjaat, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  16. Shankar Banjara

Shankar Banjara Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cpanel is specifically designed for managing files. You should find a host which provides Cpanel.

Shankar Banjara, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  17. zxmnvcb

zxmnvcb Peon

Best Answers:
    Well last I heard, in November (2013) Godaddy finally submitted and now they offer cPanel. SUPPOSEDLY. I haven't confirmed this yet.

But to those of you wondering about Godaddy's control panel back in 2007, it was THE WORST. In fact they were my very first hosting provider many years ago.

Within the last few years they HAVE IMPROVED but I always recommend to NOT USE GODADY but make sure your hosting company has the legit cPanel before signing up with them.

If it's true that Godaddy now is offering cPanel, this is great news for web developers and customers but it will be bad news for other web hosts! That's if Godaddy with cPanel is anywhere near as good and low priced as their domain services.

Godaddy has always been the best for domains (read: least expensive), but for hosting it has been terrible. Although it had improved a little staill cPanel blows it out of the water. Let's hope Godaddy really is switching to the real cPanel - it could be great news for many!

Now all they have to do is completely delete all their terrible advertising. If they weren't so cheap domainwise, there's no way I would use GoDaddy, solely for the reason of their commericals and advertising. And it's terrible for children.

zxmnvcb, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  18. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure they are using cPanel now, which is much easier to use but it is an old thread as we know.

Would love screen shots from 08 or 07 !

dedideals, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  19. zxmnvcb

zxmnvcb Peon

Best Answers:
    screenshots could not do the horribleness justice.

zxmnvcb, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  20. jackdolphin89

jackdolphin89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't use Godaddy's hosting service, even their domain name service is not as good as namecheap. for web hosting, try dreamhost using coupon code(60DIS1Y) will save you $60 instantly.

jackdolphin89, Apr 16, 2014 IP