1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DNS Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by photostation, Jul 23, 2012.

I have a client that wanted their DNS servers hosted by Zerigo, which I happily setup last year for them. Early this morning, Zerigo was hit with a Denial Of Service attack which took down this clients email and web site. I quickly switched the DNS servers back to my DNS servers and the site and their email was restored.

Question I have is, is there any way to automatically do this if it were to happen again. For instance, can I enter the Zerigo DNS entries at the registrar and then enter my DNS servers as well just as a back up to the Zerigo DNS servers. Is there anything I would need to do? Is this something I should not do? Just trying to help prevent more downtime for this client.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

photostation, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  2. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    you can specify up to 4 (I think) nameservers for every domain name, so yes you can specify your backup dns as a secondary nameserver

atxsurf, Jul 24, 2012 IP
    photostation likes this.
  3. photostation

photostation Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.

photostation, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  4. gettyhosting

gettyhosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use multiple name servers and it may help you.

gettyhosting, Jul 25, 2012 IP