1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Free Web Host For Domain Parking - Need to park my Classifieds Ads Website

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by cosmicx, Jul 21, 2012.

Hello buddies,

I am a newbie Web Designer and my first ever project that I'm doing is a Classifieds Ads Web Sites, that is locally based in Baguio City, Philippines.

The site is still under construction, but I've already purchased a domain name for it.

I've searched for free web host for free domain parking, I see lots of them. But the question is, which of theme is better?

Well, in terms of reliability, ads serving, security and other more.

If you knew such a web host, please if you may, post it here. You don't have to link to the web site, you may just have to mention the domain name.

TIA.

cosmicx, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  2. Sefket

Sefket Member

Best Answers:
    Using free hosting will only get you so far. If you get like 200 or so users, the server may not be stable. Also, if you upload a lot of content onto your website, that a lone may be too much for your free host.

Sefket, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  3. pindot

pindot Active Member

Best Answers:
    you're not actually looking for a free domain parking, but a full webhost since you will host your classified ads on it. see my PM to you.

pindot, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  4. cosmicx

cosmicx Peon

Best Answers:
    @pindot

I am sorry, but you got me wrong, I am doing a classifieds ads web site right now. And I've purchased a domain name already.

My intention is, while I'm developing my classifieds ads website, I would want to create a website under construction page for it. And I want a free webhost to host that page for me. Isn't that one is called domain parking?

Well, if it's not... then educate me and correct me. After all, I am new to all these things, seo, web design, and webhosting and web dev.

cosmicx, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  5. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking to earn just from domain parking, I would like to say it is not working nowadays.
    The only option is develop a web site and publish it soon.

Adding a under construction page can be done on a free web host. Binhoster is a good free web host.

If you are serious, you should go for a paid web host if you are ready to publish your site.

dumindushalika, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  6. cosmicx

cosmicx Peon

Best Answers:
    @dumindushalika

Im not looking for a free doman parking webhost to earn from that...

What I was looking for, is a free web host that permits me to park my domain, because my site is still under development.

The domain name and the site SEO is delegated to a friend of mine. That friend of mine is currently doing some seo stuff for the website.

That is why, I want park the domain so as not to lose any SEO advantage.

cosmicx, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  7. leanback

leanback Peon

Best Answers:
    I am super fan of 000webhost they have been very patient with me while working on my websites. However, please do not take advantage or will be out.

leanback, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  8. cosmicx

cosmicx Peon

Best Answers:
    @leanback

Thank you for the post, Buy do you currently have a domain parked and hosted with them?

cosmicx, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  9. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend sedo.com for parking because it has 1-click ads and you also have an option to sell your domain if you receive a good offer.
    You don't need web host to park the domain.

atxsurf, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  10. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, what you are looking is not domain parking. Domain parking means you park your domain on another page, that is not hosted/created by you. Wherever you will get domain parking options, you will only see their page on your domain. Not your own page. Hope you got it now.

Free hosting is never a good option. Go for a paid host, show up your underconstruction page. If you budget is low, you can PM me mentioning that. I can give you small storage to up your page. I can give you space as low as 50MB :)

тнє Sufi, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  11. cosmicx

cosmicx Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh I got it.

So when we say DOMAIN PARKING, our domain name is accessible but, the page content is not ours. It's the host's page that is displayed.

Then, Free Hosting Is what I'm looking for.

@тнє Sufi

thanks for the offer, but what do you intend to ask from me in return, for that offer of yours?

cosmicx, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  12. RosenCruz

RosenCruz Active Member

Best Answers:
    try byet, 000webhost, freehostia or other popular ones. you will be fine.

RosenCruz, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  13. flotwig

flotwig Peon

Best Answers:
    Try out niftyhost.us.

They offer free web hosting for a few forum posts, one-time. I can personally attest to the quality of NiftyHost, I've used them for years and they are ever-so-stable.

flotwig, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  14. Wellparked

Wellparked Peon

Best Answers:
    dumindushalika is right in the sense traditional domain parking does not work as you need to give Google what it wants which is unique content.

To develop a site you will need a hosting account, so setup your site on this so I wouldn't worry about free hosting. Why not look into more dynamic parking solutions which will actually help you start building value in the domain.

Wellparked, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  15. Dj.c

Dj.c Peon

Best Answers:
    They are definitely correct about domain parking, the major concern part is free web hosting will not going to help you earn more. My advise, at least go for paid services.

Dj.c, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  16. cosmicx

cosmicx Peon

Best Answers:
    @RosenCruz

Thanks! I am not really looking for a freehost to host my website and then earn from it. Just needed it to park my domain name, and not to disappear from SERP while developing my site.

cosmicx, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  17. Hostname.club

Hostname.club Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A few dollars can easy to get a small hosting. I suggest you this way more than free hosting which you don't know what will they do with your sites.

Hostname.club, Aug 6, 2012 IP