1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Suggestion please

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Bondat, Nov 20, 2006.

Hi Dpers I need your input on my research. Currently we're ranking on top 1 on many keywords about snowboarding. We're also selling "snowboarding gear" which we're ranking #1 and were not convinced with the sale we got. We supposed to be selling lot with these rankings.

I checked already DP keyword suggestion tool and were ranking on most of the keywords about snowboarding gear. So what I've wanted to you DPers is if you want to buy snowboarding gear what would you type in Google? I need your input here guys.

Also if you can suggest on our snowboarding website on how to sell our snowboarding gear I'll appreciate it more.

Thanks!

Bondat, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  2. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Peon

Best Answers:
    the first thing that I would type in would be just "snowboards"

FikseGTS, Nov 21, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  3. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd either type in 'Snowboards' or specific manufacturer's of the board. But honestly, I wouldn't think DP is the best place to ask for suggestions. I know I do my searches COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than anyone in my family. I know how a search engine works, so I search very differently.

Try using www.KeywordDiscovery.com for keywords. I'd scrap WorkdTracker and KD, as well as Overture and a few other keyword sources and get together your own list. Try and see how searches are searching.

But if you really haven't targeted manufacturer searches yet, that should be a must.

Voasi, Nov 21, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  4. Hopper

Hopper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    snowboard sales
    snowboarding gear

You may be better off asking snowboarder's what they would surf for (as Voasi said) - if you pardon the pun!

I often surf for Scuba Dive Gear and surf by brand and model numbers, often by specific pieces of equipment - you will be amaized at the amount of traffic you will generate from these terms.

I was once told that the best search terms for your area are very hard to crack so snowboarding will be difficult (24,800,000 returns in Google!) whereas snowboarding equipment returns 1,640,000 results, slightly easier to crack I would think.

Concentrate on all the varients you can think of and you will increase your traffic considerably. IMHO

Hopper, Nov 21, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  5. PurplePeeps

PurplePeeps Peon

Best Answers:
    try misspelling snowboards - i.e. split it into two words - a lot of people make this mistake

snow boarding
    snow bording
    snowbording
    sonwboarding
    snow boards

PurplePeeps

PurplePeeps, Nov 21, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  6. WebMarketingMan

WebMarketingMan Guest

Best Answers:
    WebMarketingMan, Nov 21, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  7. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the input. Still looking for more snowboarders out there. Rep for all. Thanks again!

Bondat, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  8. winningratings

winningratings Peon

Best Answers:
    I would do alot of research on keywords yourself - like going to the publisher tool on yahoo and typing in your keywords to find new ones

However a word of warning - dont expect that much from search engines
    I know it sounds nice and easy - get a load of good rankings and the sales will then flood in - but there have been many sites that have spent good money on this only to discover it didn't bring in many sales

Remember the biggest use of the internet is not searching on search engines but sending out email. I would recommend that you get a newsletter up and running and actively promote it, by offering something free if people signup

winningratings, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  9. rayner-x

rayner-x Active Member

Best Answers:
    3-4 keywords are better to target than 2 keyphrases

rayner-x, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  10. WebMarketingMan

WebMarketingMan Guest

Best Answers:
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but as a snowboarder myself I've been looking around for some pre-season snowboarding workouts that I could do to get myself in shape for the season. I typically hit the slopes for a week straight during Christmas break, but it's been a year since I've used any of those muscles. The second day of the season, as any boarder knows, is a rough one.

Despite all my searching, I haven't been able to find a pre-season boarding workout. I can't be the only one searching...

WebMarketingMan, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  11. Friendly

Friendly Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

If I want to buy snowboarding gear, I would type the following phrases in Google:

cheap Snowboarding Gear
    Women's Snowboard Gear
    Snowboarding gear for women
    protective snowboarding gear
    Find Snowboarding Gear
    used snowboarding gear
    Buy snowboarding gear online
    Find Snowboarding Gear on eBay
    Snowboarding Gear wholesale

Hope this helps,
    Amy.

Friendly, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  12. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the input again. I really appreciate your effort especially Amy. I was looking for keyword suggestion straight from people here. But a unique tool or resource will be appreciated also.

Bondat, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  13. wizardofx

wizardofx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best tutor is your own log file. Look to see what people that actually came to your site used for keywords. It will open your eyes.

In November I had 124,000 visitors from search engines. They used 82,000 different search terms.

Searchers in my industry would never type in "snowboards" they would type in "demon snowboards 36 inch powder reviews"

Look in your logs and see how many people found you with "snowboarding gear" or the other keywords you are optimizing for. I'll bet that nobody is using "snowboarding gear." They are using "unique snowboarding hats yellow and black."

best regards
    wiz

wizardofx, Dec 4, 2006 IP