1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Content Arrangement

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by thebeardersdaily, Jul 17, 2012.

I've had my blog for a short time now and am wondering what the best way to arrange the content would be. After adding an image in wordpress I see that you can arrange the text around the image (i.e under/below/around the image), which method is the best?
    Also, I plan to put Adsense on my site, as well as put an ad in the content. Would it be better to have the layout go, IMAGE, CONTENT, AD, CONTENT, or AD, CONTENT, IMAGE, CONTENT. Or some other formation?
    Thank you for the help I apologize for sounding confusing.

thebeardersdaily, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  2. Eve1980

Eve1980 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on the content, I like to have images breaking up the text so maybe having some text then an image then another image? Also I've heard that google doesn't like sites that have too many ads above the fold btw.

Eve1980, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  3. thebeardersdaily

thebeardersdaily Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never known what the "fold" is. May you explain that for me please? And I've tried putting ads at the beginning of the content since its a hot spot, but I've had difficulties making the ad and text at the same horizontal level. I don't want to adjust the pixels on the ad cause they are already set and seem to work how they are, but aesthetically it just looks weird for the article to look like...

Content content content content
    ad ad ad ad ad ad ad ad ad ad content content content content (see the offset levels?)

thebeardersdaily, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  4. mizaks

mizaks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    An explanation of "the fold." As for ad placement, Google offers some tips in their AdSense FAQs, I'd suggest perusing their pages for the most tried and true ideas.

mizaks, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  5. thebeardersdaily

thebeardersdaily Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh I understand now. Thank you for the help I appreciate it. Does anyone have a solution to the ad and content not being level?

thebeardersdaily, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  6. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    What is your website format? Wordpress or other format?

nufox, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  7. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You wanna have your ads above the fold, even if they're in the content. Look at Johnchow.com to see an example :)

ninjamtlt1, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  8. thebeardersdaily

thebeardersdaily Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow I've looked at his sight before, but now that I've learned about a lot of this stuff his site is just fantastic. Thanks for the help. I really love his site layout and ad arrangement.

thebeardersdaily, Jul 20, 2012 IP