1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How was this site created?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by cper, Jun 30, 2012.

I want to create a site like this: http://thephonedatabase.com/ where there is a database of phones - but I want for something else
    How I do I create a site like that? what do i have to learn? and is it very difficult to do it?

Solved! View solution.
    cper, Jun 30, 2012 IP
    It's database driven. Basically each page is going to simply pull records from a database and nothing more.

You would need to learn a server side programming language. PHP would be ideal.
    You would also need to learn how to interact with a database. mySQL would be ideal.

Other than that HTML, CSS and JavaScript to spruce up the page.

But first...you would need to obtain some sort of database of phones. Some times you can purchase such a database. Other times you have to build your own manually or by writing some sort of scraping script (in that case Perl would be ideal for text manipulation and web requests but you could do it with PHP as well).

NetStar, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  3. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    You can also create a website like this by using Wordpress as CMS and creating some custom plugins.

extraspecial, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't suggest you to use Blogging Software to create a website that requires custom programming. That's like using a screw driver as a hammer. The wrong tool for the job.

NetStar, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  5. cper

cper Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought,lol.
    Thanks.

cper, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  6. dylanrodriguez2012

dylanrodriguez2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Guys.

I am web developers from aegis global software, we provide web development service and also application development and mobile solutions.

All your comment for programming development are welcome.

For More Info : - www.aegisisc.com

Thanks in advance.

dylanrodriguez2012, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  7. andrewbr549

andrewbr549 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You might want to look at www.geeksperhr.com. They do programming with PHP, Databases, and other web design for only $0.99 an hour.

andrewbr549, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  8. HowardBeck

HowardBeck Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really good website.if you want to create same type of website you can use Joomla,magneto,Wordpress.Yoou can use this techblogy and easy to crate same type of website that you want.

HowardBeck, Jul 18, 2012 IP