1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Thank you button (or equivilent) to combat boosting post counts

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by WebDev Solutions, Jul 15, 2012.

If you head over to the Link Developmenet, SEO, General business (and probably every other section here) threads are full of posts just thanking the original poster. It probably doesn't come as a surprise when I say that the majority of the people posting this stuff have below the required posts for the BST sections. It wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't for the fact that I know 80% of these posters haven't even bothered to utilize the OP's offering.

Can you consider adding a thank you button (or something to that effect!) which basically eradicates the need for these posts, or better yet just ban these type of blatant posts in general and hand out infractions? It makes the threads incredibly difficult to follow and adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. I've listed just one example below, I could find you 5 more within 2-3 minutes if I tried.

Example: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2514517

I'm not even necessarily in favour of the "Thank You" idea. I just think it would be a lesser evil of the two.

WebDev

Solved! View solution.
    WebDev Solutions, Jul 15, 2012 IP
    They generally *are* deleted and user banned if the continue doing it (you just don't see the deleted ones of course). Best thing to do is just use the "Report Post" option... :)

digitalpoint, Jul 15, 2012 IP
  3. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd expand the post buttons like BHW did. Have each button with text like "(Y) Give Reputation" "{!} Report Post". People will post thanking less and others will report more.

Cucumba123, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep, the icons are just going to do away and replaced with text only before too long.

digitalpoint, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  5. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, what? lol - I don't get you mean.

Cucumba123, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  6. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the near future the report buttons will be changed from an image to plain text so they are more obvious for user selection.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  7. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn, just wanted to follow up on this and see whether the icons are still going to be changed to text in the near future - as the issues remain 3 months on.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Oct 24, 2012 IP