1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can we determine curenly postion of a website for a particular keyword ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rocobaroco, Jul 12, 2012.

If I want to know position of keyword 'abc' for website xyz.com, how can I determine it ? Is there any tool for it ?

rocobaroco, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  2. aqualabs

aqualabs Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to search and you will find a lot of online services which allow to check this.

aqualabs, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  3. steveoseo

steveoseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    seobook.com has a free rank tracker tool that will show you a websites current ranking in Google and Bing for a given keyword or keyword phrase. I personally use SEO PowerSuite but it is expensive unless you download an older version for free and find the license key for it.

steveoseo, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  4. kyuraz

kyuraz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Steve,

I am also using SEO Powersuite. I have posted a question here earlier about it.
    I got a message that I need to extend my search algo updates.
    I have not yet. since I have not really maximized its use yet, I do not want to spend more on it.
    As well as thinking.. of course they want me to spend more on them kind of feeling..
    The question is.. without extending, how accurrate will my rank checker results and other things be?

As a user, do you have any idea?

kyuraz, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  5. steveoseo

steveoseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The results will still be very accurate with any of the SEO PowerSuite tools. I am using an older version and I have not experienced any issues.

steveoseo, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  6. johntucker300

johntucker300 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are lots of tool for this thing but using a software for checking rank of a website on Google is against Google's policy. I wold suggest you to do it manually because Google advise not to use any tools for rank tracking.

johntucker300, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  7. WeTry

WeTry Peon

Best Answers:
    WeTry, Jul 14, 2012 IP
  8. asadwahab

asadwahab Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the tools checks in first few pages of the results, hardly anyone checks in all of the search results. According to my experience and knowledge, the best one I have seen so far, which checks in the top 1000 results is the SEOSERP website, search for this site and you would find the tool, I hope it would solve all your issues. The site has a poor layout but the tool's performance compensate for that!

asadwahab, Jul 16, 2012 IP