1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meta Keywords useless? Not needed? Obsolete?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by THPubs, Jul 9, 2012.

This is a big question I had for several months. Earlier, I used to pay good attention to adding meta keywords. But after installing the Yoast SEO plugin, it said that meta keywords are useless. It disabled them. But I enabled again.

So, my question is, are they really useless? Now that Google is taking down high SEO sites, will meta keywords play a role in that also? :confused:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    THPubs, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  2. payukim

payukim Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't use the keyword meta tag to rank websites any more, cos the keyword was always used irrelevantly to the content of websites. After that google doesn't give much intention to the keyword meta tag.

Then every meta tag is useless at all?? No, google still using many meta tags such as; title is used to be the title of the search result, and description is used to be the description snippet of the search result. But for keyword tag, google has ignored it for years.

payukim, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  3. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally don't feel like it's useless...it seems to bring me traffic :)

ninjamtlt1, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  4. NewsClerks

NewsClerks Peon

Best Answers:
    Now a day Google doesn't use keywords for SERP purposes, but not sure about other search engines.
    anyone know about Bing and yahoo?

NewsClerks, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  5. peterpaul072

peterpaul072 Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally feel that keywords helps to bring sites in search result easily. So I don't find it useless.

peterpaul072, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  6. pindot

pindot Active Member

Best Answers:
    they are still important even if Google says they are not using them. i can see that 99.9% of all the websites in the world have meta keywords and some search engines are still crawling them.

pindot, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  7. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is no reason why Google would be completely inconsiderate of Meta keywords. They assist in telling Google what your target it, like h1,h2,h3 tags. Htags are meta tags in themselves. I would make use of Meta Keywords because it's the right thing to do. Meta Meta Meta. There is also Bing to contend with. What do you guys think?

adbox, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  8. payukim

payukim Peon

Best Answers:
    I found this link it may be helpful, googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/09/google-does-not-use-keywords-meta-tag.html

payukim, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  9. ynavot

ynavot Peon

Best Answers:
    ynavot, Jul 14, 2012 IP