1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can I do With my site?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by kjk11, Jul 12, 2012.

Ok Guys Ive posted on here before but I need some serious help, I have a camping website, I have had it for a couple years now, I have used two different host, first host I did not have any traffic, so I switched over to a different host around 8 months or so ago, I hired a seo company 5 months ago, to do off page, I have been working on my onpage, I have made a facebook and twitter page for social networking shared my site with everyone I know, I can't even get one click through the search engine not one visitor a day? I have tried adwords to get sales but It cost to much money, all I do is loose money with that. so whats next, I have been on forums that relate to my niche advertised on facebook, you name it I have done it, is it Time to delete my site?
    My Site
    http://www.campersridge.com

kjk11, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  2. veerenderseo

veerenderseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    check your PM.

veerenderseo, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  3. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I checked your site and 357 pages or URLs are indexed in Google. It is cool. But have you used duplicate content? Or blasted your links on some link service? If so You better start all over again with a new domain because trying to repair the wrong doing is way too tiresome. Also check the competition of your keywords you are using in the domain and in your articles. Best of luck. Check my sig for incredible product on search engines traffic success.

dess71, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  4. Traffic_Masters

Traffic_Masters Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great theme

Fast Loading

Good on-page SEO

But looking at your off-page, you have barely any links man, I can only see 19!

Who did you pay for off-page SEO?

What I would do is join a bunch of camping forums, create a link to your signature so they can see the latest camping offers or some deal on a hot new product (pop up tents?) - maybe even see about getting some paid ads on camping / outdoor forums

I would try hire a professional SEO company, im talking about one that has a building with staff, see if they can work out a package that means you pay very little to start of with until you start to make a profit and naturally can pay for more and more

If you cant pay anyone then take it slow and steady, dont outsource SEO to someone claiming they can do it for cheap, in this day and age you will most likely end up with your site being penalized by google

Start by submitting your site to a few directories that are related to outdoors,camping,hiking,cycling anything physical and out doors

See if you can become link partners with a few sites - eg find a website that supplies climbing gear, ask if they want to become partners because you get alot of people asking if you offer climbing gear - make sure to only pick sites that are related to your niche and dont have more than 5 links.

The most important things to remember are

1. be careful with anchors - dont use the same one for all your links i.e "camping gear" use a mixture like
    --40% "www.campersirdge.com" "campersridge.com" "campersridge" "campers ridge"
    --20% "camping gear" "outdoor gear" "camping equipment" "camping supplies"
    --40% "click here" "visit this site" "see more"

2. Only gain links from websites related to your niche (outdoors,physical sports)

3. If you pay for SEO be really careful - In my opinion you want to spend atleast $230 per month for anything decent and this is the lowest price, Dont be tempted with 10,000 backlinks for only $30 - your site will get tanked and you will have a very very hard time ranking for anything

4. Be active in all the major camping forums

Good luck man

Traffic_Masters, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  5. benhuebner

benhuebner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you done proper keyword research? It makes no sense to optimize your website for the wrong keywords at all!

What kind of links were build to your site?

One thing you can do to get fast traffic is to use Video marketing, this also helps to rank better in the search engines.

benhuebner, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  6. swagatham

swagatham Peon

Best Answers:
    u have to choose proper keyword which is having more searches check ur pm

swagatham, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  7. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    I have hired a seo comapny maybe there links a good quality thats why they aint showing up, and the dupicate content I am in the process of rewriting it, and I am trying to target the right keywords , but everything is very competitive, I thought about doing a video, I do have a question, doing a video on youtube is it pretty easy ranking that in google for the right keywords?

kjk11, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  8. ynavot

ynavot Peon

Best Answers:
    "stephen87" is absolutely right. Agree 100%.

ynavot, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  9. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    also I cant find any big camping forums that allow signatures

kjk11, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  10. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just had a quick look through your backlinks, Your site has 234 link from 28 Domain names - Half of your Backlinks are set as NoFollow which means they are practically useless for SEO!
    Instead of having multiple backlinks from each Domain, I would suggest just creating one backlink from each domain.

You have a great theme and nicely presented shop, so it's nothing to do with your design.

I would try to set up a Discount Voucher for your shop, then register your site on Voucher Code sites and Promo Codes sites to get you brand name out into the world, your going to loose some profit and some times have to pay a small percentage as an affiliate fee to these Promo Code sites but if it get's you customers then it'll be well worth it!

Another possibility for you is instead of advertising online, try some Camping Magazine's where you can have your advert placed inside, again with a small Promotional Code to entice buyers with an incentive to shop at your store.

Good Luck,
    Andy.

amcg, Jul 14, 2012 IP
  11. Optimumsententia

Optimumsententia Peon

Best Answers:
    You must link in through relevant sites. Also, you highest traffic rank is in India. Focus on the audience you want to find. Then think where that audience goes on the internet. You should find some major websites which allow you to leave you link if you provide relevant content.

Once you have found a proper source then you can try give a ways and what not. Check you PM inbox.

Optimumsententia, Jul 14, 2012 IP
  12. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    I might try that Discount Voucher idea, but will people see it if I post it on those sites?

kjk11, Jul 14, 2012 IP
  13. mastjaat

mastjaat Member

Best Answers:
    sir what is pm i dont no i have same problem thats why i ask u

mastjaat, Jul 15, 2012 IP
  14. mastjaat

mastjaat Member

Best Answers:
    sir what is pm i dont no? I have same problem thats why i ask u

mastjaat, Jul 15, 2012 IP
  15. 4seoshop

4seoshop Peon

Best Answers:
    your backlinks need to be in relavent sites and having thousands of backlinks dosent really mean much if they arent high ranking relavent sites. check out my 4seoshop.org

4seoshop, Jul 15, 2012 IP
  16. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    yea I dunno, apparently google absolutely hates my site, by giving me no traffic lol

kjk11, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  17. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    Like today I have 0 hits

kjk11, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  18. Traffic_Masters

Best Answers:
    you need more back links so Google and other search engines know what sort of key phrases your website is associated with.

Follow what I wrote above and you will be on the right track

Traffic_Masters, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  19. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    I have hired a company, to do that, for got to tell you who it was. Total Web Creation, they did get me ranked in a couple keywords but I changed my header title and it dropped off, and hasn't recovered, for about a month now

kjk11, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  20. Traffic_Masters

Best Answers:
    So your back links are being handled

I would now focus a few hours everyday posting helpful replies / reviews for camping equipment - this will bring you targeted traffic

(remember and add a signature!)

Traffic_Masters, Jul 17, 2012 IP