1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting wp-app.php/service 403 error in webmaster tool. Already tried several options

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Mr_Kumar, Mar 21, 2012.

Hi,

I am continuously getting wp-app.php/service 403 HTML error in google webmaster tool. I have already tried following:

(1) check - uncheck for "Enable the Atom Publishing Protocol." in setting --> writing options of wordpress admin.
    (2) check - uncheck for add xml sitemap to wordpress virtual robots.txt file. And then remove xml sitemap plugin.
    (3) disallow wp-app.php/service in robots.txt file. This leads to remove the mention of the error in webmaster tool, but i know this is not correct solution.

In webmaster tool... " Fetch as Googlebot" is saying "Not Authorized" when "Enable the Atom Publishing Protocol." setting is checked.

But "Fetch as Googlebot" is showing same error for other wordpress site but webmaster tool is not showing any such error for that website.
    :confused:

Anyone experienced with this is requested to throw some light.

Mr_Kumar, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  2. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    No one is willing to reply? Have I described my situation well? Or need more clarification or re-phrasing?

I have searched wordpress codex and other reliable sources and whatever i can digg over internet. So, I think this is the time to talk to my old friends and fellow DPers here.

thanks.

Mr_Kumar, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  3. amgadhs

amgadhs Peon

Best Answers:
    I added the following to the robot.txt file to solve the problem on my site:

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /wp-app.php/service

amgadhs, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  4. bloodmage478

bloodmage478 Member

Best Answers:
    Same error but its 401 for me. Tried everything as you did, but no success. I think no one knows how to fix it. When some error pops up, people say block it in robots.txt file. phhh

bloodmage478, Jul 13, 2012 IP