1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sharpfile.com Up to $40 per 1000 downloads or 65% PPS (All countries paid!)

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by mubin, Mar 25, 2012.

1. lucky909

lucky909 Peon

Best Answers:
    sigh.....
    ok so paypal holding payment, which means its gonna get rejected as well.... they will deposit the amount back into my sharpfile balance, and then what? is the new owner going to pay it?? i bet not....

lucky909, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  2. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes sadly mubin has not kept his promise to pay (I really believed him too) - if you received a payment but it was held by paypal then you at least got to 'see' it, though maybe that's just even more of a tease lol (I never even got that). I'm genuinely saddened this time - I fully expected to get ripped off by failsonic 'cos they where always a bit dodgy in my eyes, so when it happened I was not surprised. After failsonic I took about 3 months off and just watched the situation (and my site's rank going down) - I was determined to find a host I could actually believe in. Then Sharpfile came and had some credibility thanks to mubin's past record and I made the jump - a big job when you have a site where all the links are maintained by the admin (ie me).
    So I spent the next 2 months building up new and getting back some of my old traffic - a slow job when people have gotten used to the site being full of dead failsonic links, but after the first month I started to get a steady stream of sales - mostly low value but that's to be expected given how many people (downloaders) have paid for premium accounts in recent times only to find the host gone shortly after. Even with the problems such as uploading being down more than it was up at times, poor speeds and downloads not working properly sometimes, I stuck with it because I believed in sharpfile - I believed in mubin and I honestly believed things would improve as the fellow made some cash and could afford to invest in better/more servers etc.
    ..... It took me about 2.5 weeks to make enough to request my first payout - about $27-28 - not a huge amount but not bad considering everything that's happened and that 99% (possibly more like 100%) of my sales came through my own site, not forums (I hardly ever post on forums). I put in my request and waited - and waited - and waited ... then sharpfile appears for sale on flippa ! Well of course that's worrying but mubin promised to pay us before leaving and at least that's something - actually it's not really the money (I mean where I live $28 wouldn't buy you a half decent meal), it's the principal - I spent money on hosting etc, put in a lot of work and generated genuine income for sharpfile, and it's people like me who added value to the company when it was sold.

So here we are again - the site's been sold, the new owner is here and the old one gone ... did I get paid .... no. Did anyone get paid ? I mean actually get the cash ? Mubin requested the support thread to be closed at WJ so no one can reply and update the situation - I'm guessing no one got paid (just a guess).

This leaves me with 2 things on my mind ...
    1 - what's the point in carrying on doing this ? Why should I work for nothing (or even minus profits) while the owners make the cash ?
    2 - I begin to see how this 'small file host' model REALLY works. Unfortunately to explain this fully would take more space than is reasonable for this post - suffice to say it's quite cleaver really - and very profitable if you do it right. The money is in 'flipping' the sites.

If the new owner has intentions to run the site properly, and for longer than a few months, then I really do feel for you fella - your going to be up against a lot of bad feeling I would say. Whatever your intentions, I don't think I'm gonna be around to find out - I'm not going to go delete my files right now, I am going to carefully consider what to do (like I said - I put a lot of work into this, plus for what it's worth I'm still selling premiums), but I think on balance I'll 'probably' pull out for good when my premium runs out. Perhaps I should follow mubin's lead and make some real cash for once.

Sorry this has been such a long post - I had a lot to say :) And if I've posted this an hour before all the final payments went out and all accounts settled then that's just typical and I apologize to mubin in that case.
    Also a note to the new owner ... I do realise none of this is your fault - you've inherited all this and you may well have very good intentions. I am not 'having a go' at you and I do wish you success :)

Just A Wag, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  3. sciborg

sciborg Banned

Best Answers:
    I 100% understand your disappointment, and honestly I would be upset also if I was owed money by someone.

I do know mubin tried to pay everyone that the site owed money too, but it looks like Paypal might have stopped some of the payments. Mubin has been very helpful to me in this transaction and he really wants to see the site taken care of well.
    But we are working on paying everyone that was owed money before I purchased and of course starting next week the first payments will be due since I purchased this site.

I have some really nice surprises coming up that you will start seeing next week.

And I promise everyone this, so mark this post and save it. I promise I purchased this website to keep for a long time and build it up and make others money and make myself money while running this site. I do NOT plan on flipping it. I make my living full time online. And I have money that I am investing into the site to upgrade it. Just a little taste of some of the things we are doing, we are adding more fileservers right now to help with speeds, I have hired a full time server management company to make sure our servers are at their best as much as possible.. These are just a few things out of many we are implementing.

I know you guys have heard this crap before and I will have to prove myself to you. And I will do my best.

I hope to work with you guys, and I hope that we all make money TOGETHER.

Thanks
    sciborg
    Admin at
    http://sharpfile.com

sciborg, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  4. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly mate this is really not about the money as such - it's the principal and the fact that it keeps happening.

Anyway - one feature you might want to consider as a matter of priority is FTP upload. I know the mod costs money, but I would say it's pretty important to most affiliates.
    Also a word about your script (xfs) - I don't know if you've worked with that script before, but if not you should be aware that it's not great once you get a lot of users. It's ok so long as the user base is small, but it falls over all the time when there's a lot to do. It's popular for one reason and one reason only - it's easy and pretty cheap to get (though they sting you with the mods, which you do need and should be built into the script anyway). Getting a custom script will not be cheap, but if you really are serious it's worth looking into at least in the longer term imho. Also it has to be said that xfs is pretty basic 'out of the box' and does not provide the affiliates with the info they need to operate successfully (again imho) - things like what files are actually being downloaded etc in easy to see lists. In the past people have modified the script to provide more info etc, but that just increases the load on an already fragile script - usually to breaking point. Actually - by the time you've bought all the mods you could have had a custom script coded anyway lol - those mods ain't cheap ! Now please just trust me on this one - you WILL do a lot better both in earnings and less time sorting problems / complaints if you go the custom script route - people will trust you much more and the user experience will be far better, leading to more sales. Everyone hates xfs except the hosts which set up using it - please just ask around if you don't believe that.

Actually Sharpfile has a lot of potential with a bit of investment and a little TLC :rolleyes: Personally I'm not sure what to do at this time but I am sure many others will use you if you do things well (I'm just tired of the whole thing for reasons already stated that don't need repeating - maybe I'll be happier later). Oh yeha - start looking for alternatives to paypal for paying out affiliates asap - you will need them ;)

Just A Wag, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  5. lucky909

lucky909 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sent you my username Sciborg. I hope you come through. Sharpfile isnt my main earning site, I use many, because no one should ever put all their eggs in 1 basket.... but still it would be nice to get that $25 that I made which took quite a while to make.
    This is why ALL sites should have low minimum payouts, like $15 or less... so if something goes wrong then its not as bad.

lucky909, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  6. sciborg

sciborg Banned

Best Answers:
    That is really some great advice and I do appreciate it and I am looking into a custom script right now.
    And I will get the FTP upload added ASAP
    I am also trying to get many other places that I can use to send payments and receive payments from subscribers.

Thanks again for the great advice!!

sciborg

sciborg, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  7. lucky909

lucky909 Peon

Best Answers:
    downloads appear to be frozen.... sciborg whats the deal?

lucky909, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  8. sciborg

sciborg Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey buddy,

Yea, we in process of adding 2 more files servers, and looks like they had small malfunction and working on right now :).. Please accept my apology for the delay,and I hope when its fixed you have faster speeds than ever :)

sciborg, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  9. lucky909

lucky909 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok i'll wait it out

lucky909, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  10. Just A Wag

Just A Wag Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to say that everything got sorted out - the new owner (sciborg) really is a decent chap indeed. I did get paid, in full and with a smile - you can't say fairer than that.

Just A Wag, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  11. digitalio

digitalio Active Member

Best Answers:
    So happy for you Just a wag :D

well done sciborg :D

good luck and best regards

digitalio

:)

digitalio, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  12. ahmedpeso

ahmedpeso Peon

Best Answers:
    do they still pay

ahmedpeso, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  13. sciborg

sciborg Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course we do.. And keep an eye out for PPD pay increase coming ;)

sciborg, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  14. lucky909

lucky909 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmmmm 4 downloads yesterday, and 4 the day before also, I assume servers still upgrading, any idea when its going to get back to normal??

lucky909, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  15. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys,

Sorry I was gone for so long.

As promised we will pay everyone.

I actually left the money with the new owner to make sure all old affiliates got paid.

Really sorry about the trouble everyone.

mubin, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  16. ahmedpeso

ahmedpeso Peon

Best Answers:
    can you add France to Group A

ahmedpeso, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  17. sciborg

sciborg Banned

Best Answers:
    We will look into it and see if possible.. Thanks for suggestion :)

sciborg, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  18. Sammy111

Sammy111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sammy111, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  19. nastyguys

nastyguys Member

Best Answers:
    storage space 0 Mb for premium lol

[​IMG]

nastyguys, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  20. jamesrocky

jamesrocky Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well thatz really nice to see the discussion from the owner. The new owner seems to be very helpful and trusted. Now I am thinking to join !!

jamesrocky, Jul 13, 2012 IP