1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Going Away?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by myallenmedia, Jun 28, 2012.

Anyone else like me getting sick of Facebook? We need something fresh and something new. Just sick of looking at all my friends posting stupid stuff. It's not a social network anymore. It's Dork Avenue.

myallenmedia, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Different groups will find different social media work at different times. Obviously your friends are very precious about where they hang. Others aren't quite so picky.

sarahk, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    For me I did notice that there is some drop in the updating frequencies of my friends. Me too, for instance, I use to play some of Facebook games, started cutting them a few months ago and now stop totally. The current trend seems to be towards more advertising posts by SEOers. More posts of a commercial nature rather than a personal nature anymore and a lot of such posts are "quite" rubbish in nature.

wisdomtool, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  4. will.j

will.j Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree the novelty of FB has worn off a bit. What worries me is the fact that there are too many commercial and inappropriate posts happening around today.

will.j, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You guys need to "unfriend" and "unlike" the problem pages and you'll be left with the good stuff.

I get nothing obtrusively commercial but I'm really picky about what I "like" and will cull out any that bother me. Facebook is "me" time.

sarahk, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  6. jamesrandolli

jamesrandolli Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I'm sick of people being really fake all the time on Facebook. People make it seam life's a fairy tail on there. I'm just glad it keeps the dumb ones busy while i make money.

jamesrandolli, Jul 8, 2012 IP
  7. Strider02

Strider02 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could also block the users who could be bothering you a lot. That way, they will not be able to find you and you'll have one less annoyance to worry about

Strider02, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  8. pianopro11

pianopro11 Member

Best Answers:
    I too have been getting more annoyed with Facebook these days but I don't think it's FB to blame. Social media is evolving and changing every year and I think people just get bored super easily these days. If you would have showed us FB 10 years ago we would have thought it was the most amazing thing in the entire world. Now I barely check it because seeing all my annoying friends updates makes me want to drive a screwdriver into my eye. ;)

pianopro11, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  9. Cybercon

Cybercon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree the frequency of interesting posts has decreased. I don't care what you are listening to on spotify or what your score was in some random game.

Cybercon, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  10. mehrun

mehrun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am really agree with you..

mehrun, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  11. seoservicesarizona

seoservicesarizona Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes am agree with you

seoservicesarizona, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  12. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its true FB have become now a bigbit commercial now-a-days..i can remember those days when me and my friends use to do FB as new users we were very excited then but now it seems that all magic of it has gone far away as i see all my friends used to be a another person in their FB profiles hiding from what they truely are..some says that you can block those friends whom you found annoying but i say to them and to all of them those who will see this post "what if i wiil be doing when most of friends are faking them or totally all of them"..coming to the point of commercials they are very annoying to my respect..most of the apps we use in FB pops out another window with it..and also one thing did anybody had noticed that FB takes a lot of time to load??

mrb1129, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Some people like FB, some people love FB, and people like me never use FB because I feel it is too complex...

mrb1129, as far as people hiding their identify, using fake profiles, etc...
    why have you hidden yourself by not using your real name? Smart people
    will never use their real birth dates, and probably should not use their real
    name and location, these days its more about protecting yourself...
    so what my fake my is jim, but my real name is john...how is that
    really going to make a difference in your life? Its a social network, be social...
    or simply dont use FB, its not that difficult...

I hate to give you the bad news, but facebook is commercial...their
    goal is to make money, and others try to make money from fb efforts....
    facebook wants to make money from you, and so do others....
    so what is the difference? dont like it, then dont use fb...

dscurlock, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  14. bedmondo

bedmondo Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook will become more and more commercial, but if the platform keeps getting better for the USERS, then people will stay. The problem I see is if the platform becomes too commercialized, there won't be any value left for the users. First and foremost, people use facebook to connect with their friends, not to buy things. If facebook is smart about this I think they will be around for quite some time.

bedmondo, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  15. MoolaMails

MoolaMails Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is not going anywhere anytime soon. The site is a mammoth and can be used by many people for many different things. I am sure that many members are getting tired of Facebook and quitting daily. But with ever one who quits there are some new people wanting to join. I do wish that Facebook would change some policies, but until then we must just except what Facebook has become, or stay away from the site.

MoolaMails, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  16. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. And on my personal account if I don't like the crap family and friends post (braggers, cry babies, etc) I unsubscribe to their feed that way they are still on my friends list, I just don't see their crap unless they tag me in it.
    --
    But I do find myself getting bored with FB lately, and people do get bored with stuff every 5-10 years it seems like. Users that are not computer savvy might get tired of it eventually too. Not knowing how to remove all the crap they don't want to see.

The internet world is always changing so it will be interesting to see what's to come.

indyonline, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  17. wordsmithoncall

wordsmithoncall Peon

Best Answers:
    I think many will disagree about Facebook going away and your friends are definitely enjoying themselves. Just unsubscribe from their post if you don't like seeing them.

wordsmithoncall, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  18. NeVer-AgaIn

NeVer-AgaIn Active Member

Best Answers:
    you just unlike all pages and friends who posts stupid things

NeVer-AgaIn, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  19. timbonitus

timbonitus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have hid like 50% of my friends because they always post stuff that annoys me. Regardless, i don't think Facebook is going anywhere. People use it to keep track of their friends, whether the live in the same country or not. Facebook is the best social network out there and people will always use it because everyone is on it.

timbonitus, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  20. winson

winson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    80% of my friends on FB are "dead", we post each other by phone more than post update at FB

winson, Jul 21, 2012 IP