1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Medical niche blog and Google = Fail?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by curse, Jul 7, 2012.

Hello all, i need some advice, i have a generic medical niche blog that talks about disease cure, treatment etc, of many different kind of medical problems. What i noticed in 1 year is that i really can not get organic traffic, for google i'm nothing and i need to stay nothing. For those who don't know what happen on that niche, i'm gonna tell you. All the first 3 pages of google search are dominated by .gov website and big corporations like webmd etc.

I'm not sure anymore on what to do but i think i'm gonna give up on this niche. My articles are all unique and not based on scraping content since medicin is what i used to graduate in university so i have no clue.

You guys think is impossible to rank on generic medical niche? Should i pick a smaller niche?

curse, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  2. RagnarDanneskjold

RagnarDanneskjold Peon

Best Answers:
    Thing is all the biggest sites such NHS Direct etc, are going to get the majority of traffic and also the majority of backlinks naturally. Even if you have amazing quality articles its likely that Google will give the bigger sites more authority. What kind of traffic are you getting now?

RagnarDanneskjold, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  3. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Build some more backlinks from blogs, websites and forums from a similar niche to your own.

lightlysalted, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  4. curse

curse Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you both for the answer, my traffic from google is ..... 10 ppl each day. Is something a bit frustrating, and backlink not seems to work anymore with new google penguin panda etc....

curse, Jul 8, 2012 IP
  5. henrywilliams

henrywilliams Peon

Best Answers:
    Only adding a blog and posting quality posts cannot make sure you get traffic. Its not matter how good the content is when no one know about this. Promote your Blog for a set of keywords or try to make it popular via Social media channels.

henrywilliams, Jul 8, 2012 IP
  6. JW1981

JW1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    You may have to focus on social media like Facebook & Google+. LinkedIn & MeetUp are also useful.

JW1981, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  7. steveoseo

steveoseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to have separate pages geared toward answering individual questions in detail.

steveoseo, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  8. pindot

pindot Active Member

Best Answers:
    got the same problem here. any suggestions or recommendations will help. thanks.

pindot, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  9. jheyslow

jheyslow Peon

Best Answers:
    You should not target high competitive keywords first. I think you lack keyword research. My advise is target 100-300 less competitive keywords that has 200-500 searches per month and properly seo each keyword before attempting to rank on highly competitive niche keywords.

jheyslow, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  10. curse

curse Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for the help, basically any of you said a very helpful thing to me. I'll try to come out of this situation, but if won't get better i'll close that website.

I really appreciated the help

curse, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  11. JW1981

JW1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd give it 3 months more deciding to kill it. During the time you can focus on building up more quality backlinks, finding and squashing bad one's, and if necessary do some of those Google quick burst methods to move it back up.

JW1981, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  12. d-c-a

d-c-a Member

Best Answers:
    That's a very hard niche, difficult to dislodge the major players there. You'll have to really study up on seo, all the latest on google, google+ (look into profiles and authorship and really establish yourself as an expert in your field - this will be of growing importance in seo) and really push your site on the social networks. Start covering breaking news, provide really useful information, draw attention to yourself with not just original content, but new ideas, so other sites cite yours.

d-c-a, Jul 11, 2012 IP