1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Full Time Job with adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by rustybadge, Nov 20, 2006.

1. urbanstereotype

urbanstereotype Peon

Best Answers:
    move to china! i live on about that every day!

to the origional question...yeah i live off money from adsense, along with amazon and other affiliate programs. all that money goes into my business, pays for my offices, my staff etc while i get it off the ground,
    i have adsense to thank for that :)

urbanstereotype, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  2. EasyVertex

EasyVertex Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't keep all your eggs in the same basket. Dependency on the single source of income makes you feel vulnerable. Try to diversify your portfolio. IMO, there is no need to focus on AdSense on 100% percent. There are plentry of other ways of making money on the NET as other members pointed out.

EasyVertex, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  3. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard you say this or things very similar to this a few times now. I am one of those noobs that keeps most of my eggs in the adsense basket and am dying for you to start a quality article or thread explaining some of these other fantastic avenues to pursue. I'm definitely game to try new things out :)

Motter, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand what the confusion is. It's very simple, and I say it everytime someone follows up that comment of mine with your question:

Other ways to spread your site's revenue:

1) CPM banners (ex: Valueclick Media, Tribal Fusion, Casale, about 500 other networks). Just go to their site and sign up and start slapping their banners on your site.

2) Affiliate links. Who are your visitors? Sign up with Commission Junction, Linkshare, Clickbank, Amazon.com, and 500 other networks and start slapping on affiliate links on your site. You can target specific pages for different products, or target the whole site with a primary product. If one doesn't sell/convert, try another, and another, etc.

3) Sell your own ads. If your site is popular enough and you're making enough money off Adsense, that means people will want to advertise on your site. Sell ad space. Don't want to do the worK? Hire a third-party network to sell your adspace for you. Then you can charge them the rate you want.

There are more ways to make money, but those are the three primary avenues you should pursue. You don't need for me to write an article; just start doing it.

jackburton2006, Nov 20, 2006 IP
    genkied likes this.
  5. ainmohd

ainmohd Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a full timer "Adsenser" since Jan 2006.

ainmohd, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  6. rustybadge

rustybadge Peon

Best Answers:
    Some interesting comments there. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Right now I make around 10-15 dollars per day from my one site. I have no idea if my CTR is impressive or not when I look at the statistics, 'cause I don't know what "good" is...!

Personally I'd love to crunch out 20 sites who all made this kind of cash, but my "main" site (around 900 pages) took a good few years to build, so I'm not reaching for the champagne any time soon...!

Also, as mentioned, Google could come along and cut you off at any point.

rustybadge, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  7. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a job and hopfully never will thanks to the internet but my income comes first from freelancing and now working on getting good money from adsense and some afilliate programs

Never rellay on 1 thing olso nothing is secure not even a regulary job ....

w3bmaster, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  8. Tikoutikou

Tikoutikou Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Me too i am working towards that.Life will be great if you could live only on adsense or any form of money bringing stuffs...

Tikoutikou, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  9. rustybadge

rustybadge Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of freelancing do you do?

rustybadge, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  10. skynet102

skynet102 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is good source of extra income, but, make living on that, not for me.

skynet102, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  11. Working Nomad

Working Nomad Guest

Best Answers:
    There are lots of places aside from India where you can live cheaply and still have the trappings of home, much of Southeast Asia for instance.

Offshore yourself, I did it one year ago and it's the best thing I ever did!

Working Nomad, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  12. Cutting Edge

Cutting Edge Guest

Best Answers:
    In the UK it is quite difficult because it is extremely expensive to live for the most part. Plenty of people do make a living though from their adsense websites, and a good living at that. I personally do not count myself among them unfortunately, but I do okay for now.

Cutting Edge, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  13. Manthem

Manthem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, it made it to the second page before someone said that.

Manthem, Nov 21, 2006 IP