1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conversions vs Goals vs Funnel

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Jake Howard, May 16, 2012.

Hi All,

I am in the process of setting up a simple website which has the following pages:

Home Page > Order Form Page > Contact Details Page > Thank You Page

I will be using Adwords to generate traffic and I am just trying to work out what tools I should be using to track where visitors are getting to in the process. I have been reading about Conversions, Goals and Funnel, however I am just not sure which one I should be using, or the point of using all of them.

Any advice that can be given, would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jake

Jake Howard, May 16, 2012 IP
  2. jeetmadgan

jeetmadgan Member

Best Answers:
    jeetmadgan, May 18, 2012 IP
  3. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, the goal funnel is setting up multiple URL’s as a goal. For example, if you have a shopping cart on your site and a buyer has to go through five different pages to checkout, then you’d setup a goal funnel with those URLs in the order they would be in the process, such as:
    Step 1 – Shopping Cart
    Step 2 – Login or Register
    Step 3 – Enter or Confirm Address
    Step 4 – Enter Payment Info
    Step 5 – Confirm Order and Submit
    What this will do is show you if people are dropping the process at a certain point and maybe help you do some testing to see what would make conversions better, such as changing something on the Payment Info page if that is the one people are bailing out on.
    I hope this helps!

sisatel, Jul 9, 2012 IP
    swindly_geary likes this.