1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

On Page SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by AdequateWebsolution, Jul 9, 2012.

Hi,

What should I have do on my website On-page to make it raking high

AdequateWebsolution, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  2. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend using a CMS best Wordpress and use some SEO plugins they will help you for on-page optimization.

extraspecial, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  3. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi friend,
    1) first check your website's errors for example :- Broken links, duplicate content, etc.
    2) search high density keywords in free google adwords tools, you can add 5 to 8 keywords.
    3) Make title you can use keywords in title.
    4) Make description and use keywords.
    5) use <H1> Tag.
    6) use alt image tag.
    7) add site map in google webmaster tool
    8)Don't use one title for the whole website.
    9)Don't repeat same keywords , it's spam.
    10) add google analytic in your website.

azharSEO, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  4. elsam45

elsam45 Peon

Best Answers:
    at first you should read Google Guidline and follow that. This is the first step, begin with it

elsam45, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  5. bdsell.com

bdsell.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Use Google Webmaster Tools

bdsell.com, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  6. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just adding two points -
    * Set your canonical domain name for the search engines and users.
    * Creating a video page implementing Youtube videos related to your services.

sisatel, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  7. benhuebner

benhuebner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would add the folloeing :

Use your main keyword in different versions in 3 headlines unsing h2,h3,h4 tags
    Use your keyword in the first and last sentence or paragraph
    Use it once in bold, italic and underscored tags
    Use it in your alt image tag and description
    Link to your homepage
    Link to at least one related article on your website (You can use the "Related Posts" plugin or the "smart links" plugin for Wp)
    link to a related wikipedia article (You can link to another high authority site as well)
    Make sure your website is loading fast

Also keep in mind that Google determines your bounce rate, and use it to determine your rankings too! SO make sure to get your visitors to interact with your website. Videos are a great way to increase the time a visitor stays on your site as well as decreases your bounce raet!

Another point you should keep in mind is the fact that Google more and more ustilizes social ranking signals in their search algorithm, so it´s a good idea to increase your social reach by adding at least some sharing buttons. It´s not really onpage seo, but it´s important too!

You can check out this onpage seo checklist if you want to . Onpage SEO Checklist

benhuebner, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  8. theopenalgorithm

theopenalgorithm Peon

Best Answers:
    My research has shown that there's is almost no link between traditional on-page factors (many of which are listed above) and ranking high in Google. Many of these "strategies" have become impotent with the evolution of search engine's that perhaps once used them as ranking factors in the 20th century. I would recommend focussing very little time optimizing on page factors for the search engines, I would however continue to improve your site for the user, much of which should overlap with a search engine's interests.

For example, fast page loading speeds is fantastic for users and its also great for SEO.

theopenalgorithm, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  9. valen123

valen123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On page SEO or search engine optimisation is making sure that your website is as search engine friendly as possible. If your website is not optimised then you have less chance of getting good results in the search engines, here is a quick guide towards good on page SEO:

• Make sure that all of your web pages can be indexed by search engines - make sure that they all have at least one link from somewhere on your site.

• Make sure that you have unique content on every single page.
    • Make sure that your meta-tags are arranged correctly - your page title tags and description tags should describe the content of your different web pages. The page title tags should be less then 68 characters and the description tags more detailed but less then 148 characters.
    • Make sure you label the different headers on your web pages using H tags.
    • Make sure that your web page URLs are SEO friendly, use mod re-write for Linux and Apahche hosting or use IIS redirect for Windows. Ideally make it so that the URLs describe your content i.e. use domain.com/blue-widgets.php as apposed to having something like domain.com/product.php?cat=146. Use hyphens or underscores to separate words in the URLs.
    • Make sure that the links within your site are complete i.e. if you are linking to the blue widgets page link to domain.com/blue-widgets.php as apposed to just blue-widgets.php.
    • Make sure that you use descriptive URLs for your images i.e. use blue-widget.jpg as apposed a bunch of numbers and or letters .jpg.
    • Make sure that you label all of your images with descriptive alt attributes.
    • Make sure that you make good use of anchor text links within your content - if you have a page about blue widgets, use the phrase blue widgets in the text that links to it.
    • Make sure that there is only one version of your site - 301 redirect all non www. URLs to the www. ones or vice versa.
    • Make sure that there is only one version of your homepage - 301 redirect the index or default page back to domain.com.
    • Use the rel="nofollow" tag in the links to websites that you do not trust, you think maybe using spamming techniques or you do not want to help in the search engines.
    • Make sure that your code is valid, in some instances bad code can lead to search engines not being able to properly read a page. Use the W3C validator to check your markup.

valen123, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  10. wemowe8230

wemowe8230 Peon

Best Answers:
    add site map in google webmaster tool

wemowe8230, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  11. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Preceisely said. Make sure you do off-page SEO along with it for complimentary effect.

traxport121, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  12. indinoida2012

indinoida2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    check competitors keywords ..check content & keyword density..

indinoida2012, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  13. uralia

uralia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice discuss

uralia, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  14. maestrogap

maestrogap Peon

Best Answers:
    I find that keyword density, though important, is difficult to manage if you REALLY believe in your website. For example, my education site has over 1,000 pages, all of unique content... But on a page with lots of hits where teachers talk about yoga... I have horrible keyword density for my education niche and then take a hit in page rank. Seems like it just isn't there yet as far as being able to use a formula to judge quality. So much for robots.

maestrogap, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  15. action script

action script Member

Best Answers:
    some missing points...
    * add internal links
    * robot.txt file
    * Seo friendly Urls and navigations
    *checking site loading time and avoid flash

action script, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  16. gauravmultiplex

gauravmultiplex Peon

Best Answers:
    On-page optimization basically deals with fine-tuning the contents in the website. This in turn will make the site rank high in the search engines. The main services included in the on-page optimization are

1. Website structure analysis
    2. keyword analysis
    3. optimizing website content HTML coding
    4. building keyword rich content
    5. creation of optimized title and META tags
    6. Google Analytics Analysis
    7. XML Sitemap & HTML Sitemap generation
    8. Robots.txt
    9. HTML & CSS Validation check
    10. Anchor & Image optimization
    11. Competitor Analysis
    12. Keyword Position analysis on major search engines
    13. implementing various separate search engine submission methodologies to promote the website.

gauravmultiplex, Jul 12, 2012 IP