1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stop low balling your work!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by xisleet, Jul 6, 2012.

After I was looking over some of the things that were for sale on this site I figured I would post this thread. Some might like it, some might hate it, I might get banned, I dunno.

I dont normally rant on forums like this but I am noticing alot of low balling going on with the sales of websites. We have potential to make a ton of money working from home but we all will stay broke if we keep selling our creations for pennys. Think about this guys, the local mechanic you take your car to will charge you $600 bucks for a week of work. As a web designer or coder of whatever you call your self your work is worth way more. Why not charge people $1200 for a weeks of work? or even $1800? I am seeing people selling tubesites for $200 bucks, thats just sad. Even if you are from india or any other poor country you could still make way more by selling your work for more. I had people buy single text links from my site(s) for $1000 within the last 3 months and they were pr1 pages. The money is there but company's are gonna stop paying it if you guys keep low balling the prices.

Just my 2 cents, Id like to see why people do this and what everyone thinks about it :)

xisleet, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  2. AmirMullick.com

AmirMullick.com Peon

Best Answers:
    No its not sad, youre wrong bro.

The mechanics work is going to be at the set charge at every mechanics place and its going to be an extremely difficult task to try fixing your car yourself. Web design work is at varying costs all over the internet and most of the stuff can be done by ourselves over some time. Plus with the number of freelancing web designers, its possible to find good quality work for cheap to free prices.

People could charge $1200 for webdesign work or for the sites theyre selling, but almost no one will buy it. People would rather build up to that point themselves. Only extremely unique things would sell for so much successfully.

Also your last few sentences just seem like youre angry about competition? I dont believe anyone paid $1000 to you for single text links on your website, because if thats the case then you shouldnt be here complaining...
    Plus these website owners must be idiots to think that their $1000 is best invested with a link on ur site rather than google adwords and research.

So to sum it all up, youre wrong, and I hope you see what I mean, and please dont lie. Thanks.

AmirMullick.com, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  3. RagnarDanneskjold

RagnarDanneskjold Peon

Best Answers:
    A website is valued in terms of the revenue it generates. So what if you have spent endless hours creating a pretty site, if it's not generating any real revenue then it is just a cost sink. A lot of the sites that go for $200 or less may have very limited earning potential or will take endless amounts of work to make a profit. If people willingly to sell there site for $200 thats up to them no one can be taken advantage of in a voluntary transaction. There will always be people who will be willing to undercut you and $200 in real terms is a considerable amount of money in less economically developed countries.

RagnarDanneskjold, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You get what you pay for here. If a tube site sells for $20 it's because it's using a pirated script on a $4 domain and has no traffic.

NetStar, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  5. NetworkTown.Net

NetworkTown.Net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed the same thing you are saying in your first post over the years, since I first started making money from online websites and programming. The market is being less valued, people are not willing to pay good money for good services they would rather hire a cheap newbie coder for extremely low prices and then expect top-notch services which most of them time they are let down then they complain blaming most of the programmers to be the same.

People need to realise that they are devaluing a lot of services online and need to stop doing this. If you spend a whole week setting up a website, registering domain ect why sell it off for less then $30 bucks? thats not even a days wage. It does not make sense to me.

NetworkTown.Net, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  6. wcompton38

wcompton38 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are always going to be people that sell for low ball prices to drive out the rest of us. Some of these people just don't care. They aren't going to deliver quality work and they know it. But in the process, they will drive out the real providers and workers.

wcompton38, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  7. NetworkTown.Net

NetworkTown.Net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's taken affect already in my view. few years ago I would easily be able to find programming work on here and would have clients message me weekly for work. Now most of the clients have moved due to wanting me to lower my price to match other quotes which to be honest I would not do. But we can't do much about it really its happening and will carry on happening until something is done about it which i doubt will.

NetworkTown.Net, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  8. BromptonWeb

BromptonWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And how about does fake stats......... I bought 4 sites and 2 unique scripts over here and only 1 site was real.....)
    All the rest was fake stuff......

Now when i want to buy a site i ask in private to see stats with teamviewer, then they dont answer me back LOL

BromptonWeb, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  9. ShrinkCSS

ShrinkCSS Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are a provider of extremely high quality designs/code, and are good with people, then there is still a ton of money to be made. I can think of a few guys off the top of my head that have worked for my former boss that got paid an unreasonable amount of money, but provided top notch results... My point, is that there are still plenty of people out there that will pay a lot for good quality.

ShrinkCSS, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  10. SEO Magician

SEO Magician Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm not a programmer but a writer, and lately I've been invited to bid on projects where the maximum price is just ridiculous. Obviously, with the recession, there's a glut of people willing to settle for obscenely low prices. The only way to combat that is to stand firm on your asking prices and offer insane value and responsive customer services that distinguish yourself and justify your premium prices. Yes, the content / web design markets are not what they used to be even eighteen months ago, but if we don't roll with the changes, we're going to be left behind.

Just my thoughts.

Jon

SEO Magician, Jul 6, 2012 IP