1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Big Social Community Need to be SOLD ASAP - I can't pay for the hosting

Discussion in 'Sites' started by D3rek, Jul 6, 2012.

Overview?

SNSD is a microblogging community that i established 1 to 2 years back. It all started with a passion and then it slowly grows itself. This community is in the KPOP niche and has gathering thousands of committed members. I listed this community months back but did not get a good offer.
    Currently, we have users from worldwide all passionate about entertainment. (Mainly KPOP). Demographics range from teenagers to young adults.

Reason why i am selling?

I am deeply involved in a start up that requires my full commitment. High traffic and might jeopardize the operations of my other site hosted in the same server. I do not want to substain the risk.

Traffic?

The site received great amount of organic traffic. Ranking in first page for a keyword(snsd) with exact 823,000 searches and USD3.443 CPC
    I moved server and upgrade the platform a few months ago, forgeting to put in analytics. Therefore, only awstats available.

Platform?

SNSD cc is built on Sharetronix microblogging platform and it is one of the most successful case studies of good use of the platform. One of the best sharetronix site.

Finance?

I am not a fan of monetizing a community based site. SNSD cc started with a passion and hobby to gather all similar-minded individuals. With no intention of making $ of it, i did not monetize the site.

What is SNSD?

SNSD can be a community branded name. In korea, it stands for So Nyuh Shi Dae, a very popular girls group sensation that is spreading throughout the globe like wildfire. Their company is SM Entertainment which is one of the biggest entertainment in Korea. SNSD cc platform can be one potential acquisition site. Recently, SME has been making acquisitions on a big scale, buying companies ranging from web to travel.

Why KPOP?

Kpop is a unsaturated niche for entrepreneurs IMO. There's currently this so called Korean wave in every single part of the world. I am sure that one of your friend is a kpop fan. That's how popular it become.
    1) Yahoo main site has a new category called Kpop Wave
    2) Google just invited Kpop wave into their headquarters. http://www.allkpop.com/2012/05/watch-the-livestream-of-mbcs-korean-music-wave-in-google-concert
    The big companies are starting to embrace KPOP. This is a sign.

Resources

Currently it uses 3GB size in db, total users 3k+, online users: 10 to 40.

For past weeks, we are getting BIG INCREASE in daily users, this prone hostgator to suspend the community unless i moved to a dedicated hosting. I am still a student and have not enough bank balance to support. I AM SELLING THIS COMMUNITY FAST. I MAY CONSIDER ANY OFFERS. This is to prevent my members for getting disappointed. over the years, we have built great friendship over there. THERE IS TRACTION. Personally, i will not be selling the community if i had the cash to support the community online. Please serious buyers only

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    D3rek, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  2. thevikingmarketer

thevikingmarketer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    so far I can't see the site, because it redirects.

So please provide some link or something so I can look at the actual site.

thevikingmarketer, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  3. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi, i am contacting hostgator to unblock my script. hold on.. damn.

D3rek, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  4. easyolcash

easyolcash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 11
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have never hear that a hosting will require its user to upgrade the hosting package. What I know is a website will not shown when it have too many visitors. And not blocked by its hosting provider.

easyolcash, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  5. easyolcash

easyolcash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 11
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And how can you said that your website have too much visitors while its alexa rank is above 1.000.000?

6. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    alexa is not effective in tracking traffic. i can show awstats to serious buyer via skype. a good buyer never trust rank checker tool like alexa. You should look at traffic statistics and serps imo

D3rek, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  7. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, i guess because you have no experience in building communities or managing huge sites. however, everyday is a learning experience. today is a great learning point for you. :) Please note jeopardize the thread if you are not a serious buyer. Please ask effective questions.
    [​IMG]

D3rek, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  8. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UPDATES

i am just looking for highest offer. my main concern is just to get the site up for the members.

Listed in flippa also: you can login and search

I am still waiting for response from hostgator, they screw up big time.

I hope to get the site up for a short while so that i can show the buyers, i am transfering the traffic details to my shared hosting. so i can provide traffic screenshots instead to verify the traffic.

if you are interested, pm me for skype.

D3rek, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  9. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UPDATE

For access to site, hostgator granted me a credential.

User: snsdcc
    Password: zhWcZCkq

- For buyer who want to look at the site

D3rek, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  10. easyolcash

easyolcash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 11
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just be careful newbies,

A website that have so many traffic will definitely can make the owners to easily earn a minimum $100 a day.

So there is no reason to trust that this website really have a very high traffic.

11. Dating Port

Dating Port Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It doesn't have high traffic. It has host resource problems. These are script generated and can be found by looking at the processes your host sent you. I had a similar problem with a dolphin based community with a similar response from Certified Hosting. After sifting through the files in question, we found it was a section of the script that was handling the flash objects. We disabled that portion of the script, used third party flash handing and now there's not even a blip on my cpu usage.

10 - 40 users online isn't a serious load even on a shared server let alone a dedicated one like you are trying to get from the looks of your site. You need to find your script glitches before they catch up to you.

Happy hunting.....

Dating Port, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  12. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yes. it could. however this community is not monetized.

D3rek, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  13. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks everyone for the feedback and pms. i just received sponsorship from a member. will not be selling this community anymore as now we have the funds to keep going. moderators please close the thread.

D3rek, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  14. N64

N64 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    K-pop site without a mention of Taeyang or at least Big Bang?

N64, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  15. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    haa, this is for SNSD

D3rek, Jul 8, 2012 IP