1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote software online?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by alexanderrrr, Jun 3, 2011.

How to promote software?
    We are software developers (made parental control software), and I want to sell my product online as many as possible. Our software have free trial.

we already have good web site, Fb and twitter groups

we use google adwords and cnet

Can anybody tell me how to promote software and increase its sales? Thanks a lot!!

alexanderrrr, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  2. httn

httn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make web site and blog about your software and try seo your webiste.

httn, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  3. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Make a website (Done)
    2. Make a video about the software.
    3. Upload to youtube, embed on website.
    4. Do article submission.

Since your targeted audience is moms and dads I would try to
    target them only. Find out where you can reach out to them.
    Offline marketing might be great as well if you know a place where parents
    usually go.

You could also have affiliates promote the product for you. This way you
    could both increase your sales, backlinks and publicity.

Wulkanen, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  4. camrymps

camrymps Member

Best Answers:
    send a message out to all your friends on facebook or twitter

camrymps, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  5. mWebware

mWebware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Join Cnet button program. Get mass (paid) traffic to it and get to top list of cnet. Then you will get installation continually.

mWebware, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  6. IdeaFool

IdeaFool Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend joining forums on parenting. Spend some time getting involved in the forums before you start advertising on them. People don't like a new forum poster that immediately starts spamming his or her products. Once you're involved and other posters start to trust you, then it will be safe to start spreading the word.

Guest blogging on parenting blogs would also be a great option. Getting your software on niche-specific review sites (or creating your own) is an idea. My thinking is that you should promote yourself as an expert in your field.

As was mentioned above, article marketing would be stellar as well. I think citing some stories where children were exposed to harmful sites because of a lack of parental controls might play up to the cautiousness of parents and would spur interest in your software.

Hope some of this helps.

IdeaFool, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  7. rorymullen

rorymullen Member

Best Answers:
    You can use my website to promote your items.... Free of charge... I can make a page and get you started ... You will just need to promote the page yourself...

rorymullen, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  8. AndroidRoot

AndroidRoot Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to find a good PAD submitter....that submits your trail software to software sites across the internet.

AndroidRoot, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  9. Tina235

Tina235 Peon

Best Answers:
    The first step to marketing your software is submitting your software to as many as software download sites or archives. Most of these sites have high PR and large amount of traffic. If submitted here, you will get your product exposure to the great extent and many people will download or purchase your software.

But if you manually collect the online download sites resources and then manually submit your software there, it will waste you huge amount of time. So I recommend you use a software submission tool, it will save you time and energy to do lots of other important works.

I have been using Pad Submit Worker (www.submitworker.com) and it works pretty good for me. Cost me about $50, I will get around 500 successful submissions each time.

Tina235, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  10. anujgarg

anujgarg Member

Best Answers:
    Along with a good SEO, promote your software on classifieds sites for eg. Zubera Classifieds

http://zubera.co.in

anujgarg, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  11. Stylex Networks

Stylex Networks Member

Best Answers:
    Try targeting local IT companies. You will have the advantage since you are meeting in person and they are more likely to trust you.

Stylex Networks, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  12. holli

holli Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree. After software development is finished, the very first step for most of software developers ofcourse is submitting software to as many download sites or directories as possible for increasing the exposure rate of software and improving sales.

holli, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  13. leejohn

leejohn Member

Best Answers:
    to promote software online you need seo services this take some or more time to be promote depending on keyword competition

leejohn, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  14. salinna

salinna Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Setup your own website. It's important that you have your own website to sell software. Somehow, this gives your potential clients an assurance that you are not a fraud. Make your website informative and make it look professional so your visitors will not think twice about doing business with you. Make it search engine-friendly and easy to navigate.

2. Submit your software to major download sites. Therefore your software will be known to hundreds of thousands of customers that searching for certain kind of software on software download sites. The all-inclusive and convenient nature of download sites will attract the potential customers of your software, and bring much larger traffic to your sites, which in return will help you reach more potential customers that do not search for software on download sites. But if you submit your software to these sites all by hand, that will cost you lots of efforts and time. So using an auto submitter would be a better choice.

3. Article marketing. Personally, I highly recommend article marketing as it is not only cost-effective; it also delivers great results as long as you do the entire process right. Just write and submit highly informative articles online and you'll surely be able to get the kind of exposure that you need. For best results, write topics that are closely relevant to your software, to the problems being faced by your prospects, and issues that affect your chosen niche to attract high quality traffic.

4. Blog-posting and Forum-posing. Feature your software on blog and forum can help you dramatically boost your sales. Though it is very time-consuming, the result will be beyond your imagination. You will help your potential customers know more about the features, selling points, and benefits of your software—like a complete report of the software. And eventually you can gain their trust and convince them to buy your product.

salinna, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  15. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use facebook & google adwords - but in a much targetted way. Ask your marketing team to create lists of various audience you need to target. Once done, facebook is pretty good in that. Besides, affiliates work pretty well too.

traxport121, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  16. coper56

coper56 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should think about SEO, which include backlinks, plus ones, social bookmarks Etc.. Articles work well but take a large amount of time to produce. Videos would benefit as well.

coper56, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  17. acetosal

acetosal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    release free version (with limitation), submit it to freeware sites and build an affiliate system to sell your product, you can use clickbank

acetosal, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  18. crystallaneding

crystallaneding Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Ksnipe software submitter. I have been trapped in submitting software for a long time. Because that there are too much tedious work that I have to do again and again. The same work that I have to do is more than a hundred times. The process wastes me too much time. However, Ksnipe software submitter really does me a favor. The software can generate PAD files and submit software automatically.

crystallaneding, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  19. babybrownfox

babybrownfox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Accept affiliate and offer good commissions. You can also try Peerfly. Hope that helps

babybrownfox, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  20. Repfixer

Repfixer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A software developer needs an online payment option in order sell their product online. The most cost effective means for selling your software online is to use one of the online payment services set up to make purchasing software online easy for you and your customers.

Repfixer, Sep 6, 2012 IP