1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlink Indexing Question...

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mariuskyu, Jul 2, 2012.

I have something on my mind for quite some time and now I thought I could get other opinions about my issue...

Let`s say I submit an article to an article directory with a backlink back to my site. The article gets eventually indexed by Google, but when I check it on my Webmaster CPanel to see it if it counts as a backlink (after 1-2 months), there is no link from that specific website. The same happens if I check it with OpenExplorer or other backlink checkers...

And I`m not talking about those major Ezine or Articlebase sites, but an average website. Some of them although get indexed by Google, I can`t see that backlink being taken into consideration when checked with a backlink checker.

My questions is...even if I can`t see them in my Webmaster Cpanel account (or any other backlink checker), does Google still count them as linking to my site if they gotten indexed? I can avoid using those that although get indexed, are not taken into consideration as linking to my site...What could be the reason for not being taken into consideration? Penalization ..spam.....or something ?

mariuskyu, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  2. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    If the page linking to you is indexed by Google, then Google knows about the page (including the link).

If the page has a robots.txt, robots meta, or rel=nofollow blocking the link, then Google may not count it as a link to you in terms of where to rank your site.

If the robots stuff is clean, nothing is blocking the link juice from flowing to your site, and the page is indexed by Google, then the link is passing value to you.

If the relevance is high and the connection between link source and destination is not over-optimized, you get good juice.

If the relevance is low or the connection between the two is optimized, you get partial juice.

Two other bits related to this:
    Google doesn't show all of the links they know in Webmaster Tools.
    Google doesn't show all of the links they know when using the link: modifier in their search.

Perhaps the 'average website' linking to you does not have much juice to pass along, so while Google knows about it... it's not worth their effort to include it in a detailed way.

Then gain, maybe everything is all good and Google just doesn't choose to show this link, since they never show their full hand when it comes to what they know about backlinks. Assuming that you have a good link from a good page, this is the most likely explanation. If your link is bad or the host is bad, it may be another story.

MaxPowers, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  3. mariuskyu

mariuskyu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanx MaxPowers. Actually a lot of what you are saying makes a lot of sense. Most of it I already guessed, but so much better when someone outlines what you are only guessing....Thanx a lot for taking yr time and answer me....I mean it ...!

mariuskyu, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  4. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    check google cache of that page. It could be
    a) cloaking (serving google bot the page without your link)
    b) javascript link that does not count as a backlink

atxsurf, Jul 2, 2012 IP