1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After Penguin Update, what should be the strategy for link building?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by productdesignapp, Jun 28, 2012.

I have been searching for link builiding techniques for past few days and all the answers point to-

Article Submission & High PR Directories

With google considering them as link farms, what can we do to build backlinks?

I tried searching for do-follow blogs related to my domain, but to no avail.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

productdesignapp, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  2. RSSeosolution

RSSeosolution Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think you can choose also home related website also because there are very limited websites related to solar energy, green energy theme.

Thanks
    RS Seo Solution

RSSeosolution, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  3. samuelmax

samuelmax Peon

Best Answers:
    i think now strategy should be like we have to focus mainly on content which matters alot, and now search engine is keeping an eye on duplicacy of content copied content and spinning content. the point is we have to use unique content for better indexing.

samuelmax, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  4. productdesignapp

productdesignapp Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Samuelmax,
    You are right, but still, Backlinks will have their own importance. The question still is

"How to build backlinks?"

Have you come across any new suggestions from anyone?

productdesignapp, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  5. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience AND according to nearly every post I've read on the subject... don't use 'tricks' for building links (Penguin) and make sure you have great content (Panda).

'Cheap & cheezy' links don't work as well (if at all, but they do) anymore. Footer links, sidebar links, just-simple-links amongst other links on a page.

Having your link in the main content of a page (written about your subject) still works well according to post-penguin testing. Tactics such as guest blogging, web2.0 sites, etc. work great as sources to post your content.

Since the best way (it seems) to build links is using full page content, and Panda focuses on content, it makes sense to have some really good content... original and unspun text, of course, but something with an original idea and something that spends some time on a certain concept (a paragraph or two on the main supporting points of your article)... are things that work great. In other words, keep your thoughts organized within a piece of text and don't 'float' through the article.

Also, be wary of 'fluff' such as "This is a totally really great way to get bigger, better and more of what you exceptionally want from excellent full service providers who can help you in this field.". Content like this may help your word count, but it dilutes what is being read and makes it difficult for humans to understand. When the words on a page like this are run through an 'indexer', the meaning of your content will not gain much value in the way of relevance.

'Tiered Links' work very well. Create a multitude of lower quality links to your backlinks and watch the pages that link to you get indexed within days and rise up the list of pages linking to you (showing better pages up top) with the link:http://www.example.com search in Goog.

Of course, once you understand all of this, it starts to look like a real good idea to hire out someone who does this in a very methodical way can free up days or weeks of your life. Keeping track of email accounts for link building, hundreds or thousands of logins to accounts that need to be created on other websites, and monitoring all of your work can completely consume your day (every day), depending on which terms you are trying to rank for.

But that may have been your goal and you wanted to know what to check up on so you don't hire a discount saboteur.

MaxPowers, Jul 2, 2012 IP