1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google penguin update - Forum Signature Links consider Spam or Over Optimised

Discussion in 'Google' started by sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Apr 30, 2012.

1. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    I have signature link from different webmaster forum. Still not facing any problem. And I don't think it's a problem as thousands of people are working for this signature link in their site.

rubeljoy, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  2. gordano

gordano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can we be certian of this? Fro example it would be natural for a company to maintain presence in a one or a few related forums to market their busienss to other forum members. What might be unnatural is forum signatures posts in 10s or 100s of forums, each with just a few posts and a keyword anchor. Both are easy to detect with algos.

I think Google is becoming increasingly sophisitcated in detecting spam, and as such it can detect 'spam' forum signatures vs 'non spam' fourm signatures.

gordano, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  3. Richard Wheeler

Richard Wheeler Peon

Best Answers:
    With Penguin, a number of my sites dropped from the first page. I was worried that I had done something too wrong to be able to correct. However, after I left the sites alone for a while, their site rank started to recover. Now, with a bit of diverse linkbuilding, and a little social tinkering via wordpress plugins, my sites have regained their spots.

Take it easy, try to build links that look natural and make sure you have good content and everything will be fine.

Hope this helps!

Richard Wheeler, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is depends on the quality of the backlink site( no matter it is a website, blog, forum or others)
    It will only hurt your ranking if you have too many backlink from low quality site

lifeplayer, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  5. David Frankk

David Frankk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Forum links are not considered spammy but they are certainly not as effective as they were before. After the Penguin update the effectiveness of multiple links from a domain has decreased.

David Frankk, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  6. Soumyananda

Soumyananda Member

Best Answers:
    Google Penguin is the change in algorithm and it's only to remove the spam from the website.

Soumyananda, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  7. sharadsharma

sharadsharma Member

Best Answers:
    I am following Google Panda and Penguin update from last couple of weeks. As per my point of view things will be remain same. But methods will be changed. Over optimization will be punished so we will need to make our SEO work plan like we are not doing SEO. For Linking, keyword linking will be a bit down. I am doing a mixed kind of linking. Something like 40-50% of links are coming from keywords and rest of links are coming from non keywords (Company Name or Read more on website name etc).

sharadsharma, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  8. nav123

nav123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anything you do to promote your website link is consider unnatural.

nav123, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  9. deadpixel1

deadpixel1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it depends on your sites over all inbound link anchor text ratio. No less than 70% of all anchor texts pointing at your site should be branded (company name or company website) the remaining 30% can be non-branded. I would suggest making forum sig links branded.

deadpixel1, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  10. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. all I can say is 75 % decrease in traffic is one hell of a hit :(

Karen May Jones, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  11. ndickerson

ndickerson Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm in the process of removing spam forum profile links.. also bring down my anchor text distribution.. removing PR0 and no PR links.... spending the time to document my efforts and using google reinclusion requests... basically the backlink report strategy: backlinkreport.net/penguin-strategy

ndickerson, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  12. ashleyjohn2347

ashleyjohn2347 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it should be considered as spam. Signatures are the only things in forums that is our identity.

ashleyjohn2347, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  13. YoungAce

YoungAce Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a ton of low quality signature links, Google will get suspicious and hurt your rank. Be careful, and you should be fine.

YoungAce, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  14. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    just do work natural way, dont try to get in hurry for rank. build relevant backlinks and do proper optimization, dont stuff page with keywords..

newlogo, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  15. ndickerson

ndickerson Peon

Best Answers:
    I generated a report from http://backlinkreport.net across 10 of my Penguin hammered sites.. am waiting now and getting 20% response rates with link removal email requests.. in some cases taking down wiki links.. site wide spam links.. delete web profiles, etc

Then filing a reinclusion request... got a reinclusion response from a site I mass articled 10 or 20 articles on and went from 1000/day to 20/day... it wasn't a manual hit.. it's all Penguin automatic filtering... very happy to hear this actually.. looking forward to getting rid of the spam and fixing my anchor distributions over the next year.. lots have lost faith, but adsense is still doing good for me.. and after fixing this penguin stuff (I wrote the report @ http://backlinkreport.net for my own sites).. some good opportunities should open again in game where there is alot of people giving up..

Highly recommend those reinclusion requests now.. http://backlinkreport.net/google-reinclusion-request-tutorial.html

ndickerson, Nov 28, 2012 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  16. Salon Alure

Salon Alure Member

Best Answers:
    Signature link don't consider as spam from a good site

Salon Alure, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  17. torrado

torrado Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link building by signature is authorized way to have links by forum which every forum allow its user and google cant consider it as spam.

torrado, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  18. webpromotionss

webpromotionss Peon

Best Answers:
    I think forums signature links are not spam links.... If there are relevant post..

webpromotionss, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  19. apnavarun

apnavarun Member

Best Answers:
    There are many website those who got links from various forums (related or not ) and they are on top of search results. SO, I don't think it will hurt your site untill its tooooooo much ( like some thousands)
    There might be some issue of on page seo as google algo is also changed or it might be due to increase in no. of competitors.

apnavarun, Jan 28, 2013 IP