How to get a duplicate a .asp/.aspx page??

Discussion in 'C#' started by appu, Jun 28, 2012.

HI

I am helping my friend build a small website for his ca firm and he wanted a tax calculator page in his side. he referred me to this site saying that he would like to have something similar on his page to.
    The page he referred to is this http://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/DIT/Xtras/taxcalc.aspx

Now how can i duplicate the same page coz mere copying the page and then uploading it back with a .aspx extension doesnt make it work.

I want the calculation to work. As far as i understand this page goes back to a tax file where the calculation part is done.
    So how can i replicate this back on to my page or
    can i make it work just by linking it to the server where the calculation part is done and the result shown in my page??

My apologies if i wasn't clear, i have very little knowledge abt asp/aspx.

waiting for your help.

Thanks

appu, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  2. TasteOfPower

TasteOfPower Peon

Best Answers:
    wow. the fact that you actually tried to do what you did means you would NEVER get thru this project.

just hire someone. if you want a page like that, then copy the css. but first create the aspx page. and as far as the calculation, lolz...well you have to calculate the stuff!

TasteOfPower, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  3. livetecshosting

livetecshosting Peon

Best Answers:
    ASP.Net is server side script. It means, it execute on server and just return plain HTML for browser.

livetecshosting, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  4. veganin

veganin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Or... if you are familiar with Javascript you could do the calculation client side without the need of server site programming...

veganin, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  5. mewindy

mewindy Peon

Best Answers:
    You cannot copy server site scripting directly from the source of the web browser you will get only HTML page like this you should have ftp access to download source of this page

mewindy, Aug 25, 2012 IP