1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penalization Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andrej, Jul 1, 2012.

I have a website for which I was buying links in the past and I made it to the first page on Google for the keyword "best web hosting". However, Google then penalized this website, as I also did some link exchanges.

I wonder if this website was penalized only for the keyword for which I was building links (best web hosting), or does the penalization apply to every keyword? (even those keywords for which I didn't build links)

I'm asking this, because I got an offer for this domain (someone wants to buy it), but I'm afraid to sell them a domain that was penalized. If they start to do SEO for this domain, it may then be useless. Am I right? Or will it not be any problem for them except the keyword "best web hosting"?

Or if there is a change of the whois data of the domain, Google will remove the penalization?

andrej, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  2. kenexporters

kenexporters Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry. Your website doesn't penalize on such keywords which you didn't build backlinks.

Your answer regarding second question is you are right. What did you say to the party to which you are selling this domain? Does he/she know that your website came on top of the rank on the keyword "best web hosting"?

The answer regarding your last question is I don't think so because I never heard so far that after changing the whois data of domain, Google will remove your penalization.

kenexporters, Jul 1, 2012 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. iamtheceo

iamtheceo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Changing your name will probably not do anything for your troubles.

iamtheceo, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  4. submissionpro

submissionpro Active Member

Best Answers:
    It happens all because of the paid links i think, as you say you bought them before Update there is nothing for surprise, it have to done with all those website who are doing web spamming and creating over optimization (backlinks) according to GP update.

submissionpro, Jul 5, 2012 IP
    Thememorybookshop likes this.
  5. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    Below are the answer for the query:

1. Penalization - Penalization applies only to the keyword for which you build links
    2. Selling Domain - Yes, you can sell the domain even it is penalized, because in coming Google is announcing disavow links which you think are spammy.., so no problem..
    3. JCPenny - One of the top most website in US for shopping was also penalized because it undergone some paid linking submissions, later it removed all the paid links and again it gained it rankings in Google..
    4. Change in Whois doesn't matter's for Google.

Hope this clarifies your query..

sameer_max, Jul 5, 2012 IP
    andrej likes this.
  6. deeptigarg

deeptigarg Peon

Best Answers:
    In penguine updates, which persons made link in bulk or do the work on a single keyword that website has been penalized because google's penguine algorithm does not allow unnatural linking.

deeptigarg, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  7. JohnKets

JohnKets Guest

Best Answers:
    Leave that keyword and try another keywords. You are only penalize for that particular keywords.
    [h=2][/h]

JohnKets, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  8. webeveronpromo

webeveronpromo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Those links might not be the similar theme links, due to which ypur site has been penalized.

webeveronpromo, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  9. mariajames1

mariajames1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah I totally agree with this statement that In penguine updates, which persons made link in bulk or do the work on a single keyword that website has been penalized because google's penguine algorithm does not allow unnatural linking.

mariajames1, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  10. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    A domain gets penalized completely for every keyword. but you have a way out, you can remove all the illegitimate backlinks and file a reinclusion request. This will surely help in getting back to ranking. You can sell your domain thereafter.

C.Rebecca, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  11. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your given website not opening. give us link so we can check.

OSSEO, Jul 6, 2012 IP