1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 39 Day Challenge CPA

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TitsMcGee, Jun 28, 2012.

First I’ll start off with a short introduction of myself, but I would like to stay anonymous. So for the sake of this blog, thou shall be called “Tits McGee” haha. I was born from my mothers vagina and I’m between the ages of 7 and 44. I’ve also been known to have a sarcastic sense of humour.

I’ve been working as a Programmer Analyst/Web Designer for several years now I and actually like my job, but I hate working for the man. I want to have the freedome to work whenever I want and not have anyone looking over my shoulders telling me what to do. I’m also tired of living from paycheck to paycheck. Like most people out there I would like to have a little more financial freedom. I understand that money doesn’t always bring hapiness but it will surely buy me a boat to cry on.

I do not have alot of experience when it comes to affiliate marketing but the past few months I have been researching and learning alot about the subject. I have played around a little bit with adwords/adsense and a few CPA networks, but I havn’t been able to generate any income yet and it sucks balls. I have a bad habit of giving up quickly and I’m hoping this blog will keep me motivated.

The goal of this 30 day challenge is not to make a metric buttload of money overnight. My main goal is to turn a profit by the end of the challenge, I don’t care if I only end up generating $1 profit. Just as long that I turn a profit and learn from my mistakes as I go along. I will be updating this blog as much as I can with details, statistics and results from the campaigns I will be running.

I would appreciate any tips, comments or feedback from experienced affiliates. The more I can learn out of this the better. I’m gonna do my best to share all the information and hope that all the readers learn from my experiences as well.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    TitsMcGee, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  2. coolrohit222002

coolrohit222002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Subscribed on your thread. Keep it coming. Thanks.

coolrohit222002, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  3. TitsMcGee

TitsMcGee Guest

Best Answers:
    30 Day CHallenge - Day 1

Alright so i've put in a lot of work today and my first update is ready as promised. Its a little long and has a few images so I'm just going to give out the link to the update. I hope this is not against the forum rules. I'm only using this blog as a journal and in no way promoting or selling anything so hopefully the ops will be alright with this.

Here is the link: madbankers.com/case-studies/30-day-challenge-day-1/

4. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck with you 30 day challenge. What are your goals for the challenge, forgive me if I didn't see it, but just wondering. Also, because you just started posting whether or not your a longtime poster and all your posts are in this thread, the ops may get mad at you, so I recommend just posting it all here even if it takes a bit more effort. Other than that, best of luck!

cameronpalte, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  5. TitsMcGee

TitsMcGee Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks, My goal for the challenge is to at least turn a profit. I don't care how much, if I can at least make 1$ I'll consider it a success. Its more of an learning experiment and to keep me motivated at the same time.

I figured the post was too long for here so thats why I added the link to the post, hopefully the ops are alright. I'll try to pu everything here next time.

6. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok then. That will be a tough goal to accomplish because normally getting the supplies for a profit online can take many months, however look forward to your success. Learning is key in the online word so that's important too.

cameronpalte, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  7. monkeytrj

monkeytrj Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope that this thread don't dead within a few days! I want to read your journey

monkeytrj, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  8. TitsMcGee

TitsMcGee Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I won't give up don't worry! I don't even have high expectations to mack money in this challenge really its more to learn as I go!

9. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A brilliant idea for sure! Everybody should start with some sense of accountability for their actions. This is the difference between a hobby and a business! Good on you!

dom19, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  10. SchenkerF

SchenkerF Peon

Best Answers:
    good luck!

SchenkerF, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  11. TitsMcGee

TitsMcGee Guest

Best Answers:
    30 Day Challenge – Day 2

So its time for my second update, and as expected I did not make a profit but thats ok because I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurace by switching to geico haha. I already noticed a buttload of stuff that I did wrong so that's pretty good.

The first thing I noticed was the way I had setup the tracking for my landing pages. I'm still not an expert with prosper202 tracking system and nothing ended up being tracked so that sucks. I think I have everything setup properly now so I'll find out in a few days when I review the stats again I guess.

Second thing I did wrong was the way I had setup my keywords for 7Search. I was bidding on "broad search" instead of "Phrase Search" so I changed everything to phrase search and hopefully i'll get more targeted traffic. As you will see in the stats bellow I didn't get much out of the traffic coming from 7Search.

Another thing that I did is setup another ad on 7Search I wanted to see if the offer would convert just be sending the traffic directly to the offer instead of my landing page.

Here are some crappy stats for your amusement:

Facebook:

• [*=left]Impressions: 33,361
      [*=left]Clicks: 2 [That sucks]
      [*=left]CTR: 0.006% [Sucks even more]
      [*=left]CPC: 1.57
      [*=left]CPM: 0.09 [I'm alright with that]
      [*=left]Spent: $3.14

So as you can see, I need to test out some more ads. I'm not a Facebook marketing expert but I surely don't believe that 0.006% is a good CTR so I need to get that up.​

7 Search:

• Impressions: 33,451 (pretty close to Facebook impressions)
    • Clicks: 35
    • CTR: 0.10%
    • CPC: $0.16
    • Spent: $5.59

Traffic seems to be way more cheap compared to Facebook but because I was bidding on broad searches I don't think it was as targeted.

So after doing the math I came to the conclusion that I received 37 clicks to my landing pages and out of those clicks I got 2 signups to my mailing list for a total of 0.054% conversions. Out of those 2 Signups I got big 0 conversions out of my CPA offer.

So this is pretty much what I was expecting for my first day. Wasn't expecting to make any money but it did get me to realize some mistakes so thats pretty awesome. I also want to start testing out more ads to try to get the CTR, that will be the next on my TODO list.

Alright so now its Friday evening and its to nice outside to stay in front of the computer. I'm also gonna be gone all day tomorrow so I'll be back Sunday evening with another update to see if my tweaking did any good.

Peace out home slice!

TitsMcGee, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  12. WinmanRoss

WinmanRoss Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck with your journey. I will follow. :D

WinmanRoss, Jul 1, 2012 IP