1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

clickbank payout scam?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by atxsurf, Jun 23, 2012.

so I made a $25 sale shortly after signing up with clickbank. that was a few months ago. They have never paid me. Just deducted $1 every 2 weeks or so from my account, recently took $5 out. I checked their convoluted TOS as they can deduct from my account while it does not generate any commission? Plus appears they would only pay when the balance reaches $100?

what is your experience with that? How f!@#$ up you think it is to debit an affiliate account like it cost them something to keep it open? thanks

atxsurf, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  2. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    snakeair, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  3. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    I did read that. I have set the threshold as low as possible, and still not getting paid. And does not this sound scammy enough?

atxsurf, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  4. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously did not read the post and the links by snakeair.

Cucumba123, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  5. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    i did read and the quote about dormant accounts is from one of the links

atxsurf, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  6. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They will take your money,, It is one of the main reasons why some people will not use CB.

If the pay out threshhold is set at $100 and you only make a sale or two and earn $90 only,, unless you make one more sale soon, they will take all your money bit by bit.
    Should you ever be unlucky enough to loose $90 this way, they will however send you a box of tissues as a bonus.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    satguy, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  7. Cucumba123

Best Answers:
    You have not met these criterias:

8. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you would have read the TOS properly you wouldn't have come here whining like a little baby. By using clickbank you agreed to their TOS so asking if it is a scam after the fact you have agreed to their TOS is just silly.....

terryd, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  9. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    most people do not have time to read through multi-page TOS and only refer to TOS later on in case of questions/problems
    most people expect the TOS to be reasonable and in line with industry standards and to not contain any clauses like:

36. If you use password assistance more than once within any 6 month period, we reserve the right to take your firstborn.
    152. And here how we are going to pay you. We gonna deduct commission from your account until it becomes negative balance, at which point we expect you to pony up some cash promptly to keep your account from suspension.
    227. We only count sales from credit card numbers, that have the first digit matching the last digit of your account number.
    366. If you did not take time to read this 20-page TOS thoroughly and expected us to be just reasonable and fair or are a complete idiot, please put a checkmark here that you agree [ ]

That is exaggeration, but deducting money from affiliates account until they make at least 5 unique credit card sales is ridiculous .Should not bother wasting my time on them I guess, to summarize

atxsurf, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  10. Cucumba123

Best Answers:
    Ok, now you're being funny :p

Check out https://www.shareasale.com/ if you're dissatisfied with the way CB conducts business. Though you have to apply to some programs to promote their products.

11. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is always Google Affiliate Network AKA "GAN"

It is the best and highest paying Affiliate Network and the terms are not as strict as Adsense.
    You just pick what you want to push,, and the choice of banners and links is second to none.

The entertainment blog in my sig is running GAN banners.

Just google Google Affiliate Network and sign up...

satguy, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  12. LCArticles

LCArticles Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to make 5 sales from different payment methods.

LCArticles, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  13. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody is saying CB is a scam, If you make a sale they will credit your account.

But the TOS is set up so that if you do not make sales from different payment methods quickly enough they take all you earnings back.
    Even if you do reach your set payment threshhold, your not out of the woods yet, there is lots of sneeky stuff in the small print.

One of your first 5 sales must be from Greenland, and one of your next 5 sales must be from South Georgia island which is off the coast of Argentina and is an abandoned whaling station.

Other then that CB are fine to work with.

satguy, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  14. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    scam by my plain "you always get paid for your work" standards

atxsurf, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  15. Tazer Dude

Tazer Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is not a scam u stoopid cooocoobacks corn heads

In order to collect you first commission check you must meet these criterias
    >Sales made with 5 or more different credit card numbers; and,
    >Sales made with two different payment methods (either Visa, MasterCard, PayPal or European Direct Debit(ELV)). Note: PayPal purchases do not count toward the minimum 5 different credit card numbers.

This is to deter scammers and cheaters and persons who just want to buy a product with their own aff link to get a discount and still get a commission. So before you get your FIRST cb check you must get 5 or more sales from diff CC numbers and payment processors...Thats plain english.

But after you have become an affiliate of CB , you must prove yourself to be an active affiliate and make sales continously or else you get penalize.

For example ,if you have 50 bucks lying in your account, for a long period of time, CB will assume that your account is dormant and after 6 payment periods will begin to deduct $1 from your account, for 6 payment periods and if you still have not accumulated any more additional commissions after that 6 payment period, $5 will now be ducted.

CB put this system in to make sure CB accounts are active.

Now its the silly get rich quick, one click automation software that is making CB look very scammy.

Tazer Dude, Jun 28, 2012 IP
    snakeair likes this.
  16. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Tazer explained it a lot better then from the links I posted earlier in this thread.

To many people look for the easy way out.

CB ain't no scam, they been in business since 1998 and paid out over 2 billion dollars to people. If you are someone who can't make at least 1 sale every 2 weeks or in less time then that then do not promote Clickbank products. CB is trying more to weed out the scammers and crappy products and there payment system which was explained in easier terms by Tazer is what I love about CB.

snakeair, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  17. bijender007k

bijender007k Peon

Best Answers:
    I got check after 8 sale...and it takes 4 month. I think (atxsurf ) has purchased with own hope link and he want to get money back.

bijender007k, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  18. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah right, I would be nuts seeking discount on any of their "products", and there are no lead programs there afaik (where commission might exceed sale amount). Nice try accusing me.

Buying on of "how to make money" and such products there that you are trying to promote is like a heroin dealer start shooting its own shit.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    atxsurf, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  19. nonsaturated

nonsaturated Peon

Best Answers:
    CB is not scam of course, but there is product on CB that contain bullshit...
    you need to consistent & get enough earning to get minimum payout anyway.

nonsaturated, Jun 28, 2012 IP
    atxsurf likes this.
  20. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for summarizing it
    just saying when I signed up I expected to try and see how it goes, not to "perform or loose it"
    thank you for all your comments (especially satguy, tazer dude, nonsaturated)
    consider this thread is closed

atxsurf, Jun 28, 2012 IP