1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many articles should I write to earn on autopilot?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ginhev, Jun 27, 2012.

Hello!

Everyday, when you seek information for something on a specific topic, you get to these blogs which are inactive, they have like 200 articles but there is never anything more on the page written, and they still rank in high (like 1-5 place in google) and these seem to earn a lot of money.

I have a blog of my own, I write articles on weight loss. I want to cover everything in that area to make it a site for a person who wants to lose weight and there is everything you need to know. But how many articles do you generally need to just one day just let it stay there and never do anything more so I can continue with another site and so on?

And also, I started the blog for like 5 days ago, and it seems like the days when I don't advertise the blog, I get like 12 unique visitors and the days I really try hard, I get like 120 unique visitors but that only lasts for one day. Should I just skip the analytics and just write whenever I feel like writing and don't care about the statistics and hopefully see it goes up in the end? Or how do you think I should do?

Also, when there comes a day you don't want your blog anymore, what can you generally charge to sell your website? The few people who have read the site says it is high quality, my articles are generally 800 words, I have currently five written, and I have a rare domain name, it was recently on an auction and the domain name itself came up to $2200, then the buyer withdraw because his company went bankrupt and by mistake the domain was released and I bought it.

I'm sorry if you didn't really understand what I meant, but I hope you did.

Thanks.

ginhev, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  2. zac jhonson

zac jhonson Banned

Best Answers:
    i can help you if you are ready to share 40 % of the adsense i will work for your blog to make huge money and let it grow

zac jhonson, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  3. ginhev

ginhev Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man. Thats a nice offer. I sent you a PM.

ginhev, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  4. SchenkerF

SchenkerF Peon

Best Answers:
    Best is creating high quality content over time to keep it updated. A blog with high quality content starts earning good money after some time, it takes a lot of time to invest... but in the end if is worth it :)good luck!

SchenkerF, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  5. omgcats

omgcats Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depends of the topic. If the site is a micro-niche site (like "how to lose weight with lap band"), as little as 3-5 pages might suffice. But since you've said that you want to be the source for ANYONE who wants to lose weight, I think you'll need hundreds of articles in order to get all of the possible topics covered.

omgcats, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  6. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude you just started your blog 5 days ago! That is still a baby in internet time. You should keep writing original content for your blog. The more original content that you have the better it will rank in search engines. Don't expect huge results too soon, you are in a competitive niche and it takes time for blogs to find their audience.

Good luck and keep at it.

chant, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Always have a plan and set short term and long term goal for yourself.

I'm a HUGE fan of "less is more". And what I mean by that is...if you do too much work in a short period of time odds are you will burn yourself out and never make it to your goal. I would set a goal to write 2-3 articles a week.

Don't just dive in and write an article though. Spend 10 minutes prior to writing to analyze keywords using googles keyword tool. Pick about 3-4 good keywords with relatively high traffic and low competition then find a way to incorporate these keywords in to your article. Use light SEO with in the article so it appears natural. Doing keyword research could mean the difference of receiving only 2 visitors a day or 50 on a single article.

NetStar, Jun 27, 2012 IP