1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone using XenForo? If so, what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by Woodcs82, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Darthmaul

Darthmaul Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, just have to quickly say that. I mean, didn't know VB was being so noobish with this lawsuit, I at least thought they had one solid piece of evidence.

Anyways, here's what I have to say on the subject:
    I have been using Xenforo since it was in the 1.0.4 stable version, but I have followed it since it first debuted I think something like 2 years ago? I absolutely loved the product kier was creating, and I hadn't seen anything in VB that could match it, save for possibly the fact they were both paid. Yet, even there, there was a difference. VB starts at 195$, and at most a license at Xf is going to cost you that if you buy all the extras. Personally, I think it's severely under the market value, and I'm glad I got it when I could! Anyways, I really love Xenforo. They produce an awesome, light product, that by far out-does VB on the main fact that it's way more modern! Plus, the styling seems to be much easier than VB, and I personally just like the structure and layout more ;)

I have been using XF on my site soon to be a year, and I have to say I will never go back to anything else. The ACP is so easy to use, and the overall software is just a superior product to what I have been using over the years. In my opinion, all they can do is go up, so I am really looking forward to seeing some great things :D

I would post my site, but don't want to be known for spamming links in one of my first posts! :p

Darthmaul, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  2. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using XenForo on one of my forums for a while now. I can definitely say it's quite awesome, and I'm glad I made the decision to buy it instead of another vbulletin license.

Stroh, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  3. PossumX

PossumX Peon

Best Answers:
    xenForo is a great piece of software, have 2 licenses. Very flexible and "new" looking in function and layout. vB is quite good as well, and I have been using that for many years. The latest 4.x series got off to a horrid start, but now, at 4.1.10, things are looking much better, IMO. I would use either, without question,

As for the lawsuit, this will either go on for years, or IB claims will all be dumped, since, well, IB didn't invent everything they claim xF stole, in fact, they invented none of it.

PossumX, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  4. fazyforum

fazyforum Peon

Best Answers:
    Xenforo is new at the moment as it looks good also but you can not do much customization in xenforo coz there is not much mod out yet for that and vb has a lot of mods even what you think to do just Google it with name and put vbulletin in front of that you will get a mod for that :) @ risqq what type off security issues are in vb i have also heard about that from 2, 3 people but i m not clear abt that can you tell me about that?

fazyforum, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  5. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If Xenforo lost the suit I imagine the code would be leaked and freely available on the web. Not even sure VB could claim the code is theirs and stop that. Even if VB won the suit I don't believe it automatically gives them rights to the code.

RectangleMan, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  6. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using it on my admin forum (you can find the link in the signature). it's a new script for me (I have one month experience only with it), but it's AMAZING. I really like it.

dojodesign, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  7. RobertStev

RobertStev Peon

Best Answers:
    it for sure is better then vb

RobertStev, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  8. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll stick with vB and free forums. I'm more used to vB. What's the cost of xF?

MarTh-, May 20, 2012 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, May 21, 2012 IP
  10. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to give you guys an update... I finally bought Xenforo ....im pretty impressed with their software. I have previously used SMF,phpbb, mybb, and VBulletin.....Vbulletin was the best out of those....but i think Xenforo is a step up from Vbulletin.

-C

:cool:

Woodcs82, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  11. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    XenForo has many pluses. 1 of them is the admin control panel, Many of its users will say it is much better than VBulletin. And if that is the case, in which I am not sure how many know, but the creator of XenForo is Kier Darby who use to work for VBulletin as the lead developer. XenForo also has SEO features built in.

lpstong, Jun 25, 2012 IP
    Woodcs82 likes this.
  12. vbulletinuser

vbulletinuser Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer VB over anything. However, XF offers good features for its price and the most likable feature is it being light weight.

vbulletinuser, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  13. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    nice work!

I have 2 xenforo forums and now you can sign into both with one sign-in!
    Something I've been wanting for vBulletin for years and years :(

Brandon Sheley, Jun 26, 2012 IP
    Woodcs82 likes this.