1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much would a site like this cost?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by abrusnahan, Jun 15, 2012.

1. hirenrathod39

hirenrathod39 Peon

Best Answers:
    not good design...
    can be made better than this design.

hirenrathod39, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  2. cmpan

cmpan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You know...... you can laugh at that site all the way to its page rank 4! And... almost every page on that site is ranked up there.
    If I were a 'raw food' kinda guy, that site would be a major find for me.... I wouldn't care what it looks like, the content is fantastic!

Yes, it probably could use bit of a face lift, but do a Google search for 'raw food diets', and guess what comes up on page 1?

Does your pretty site show on top of the serps?

Cliff

cmpan, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  3. ann1976

ann1976 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is it about the site that you like? True it is dated, BUT as mentioned before dated sites do make money

ann1976, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  4. dreamzdb

dreamzdb Member

Best Answers:
    It does look rather old an archaic, but it's packed with content. They follow some good principles too for link colors and headlines. Your eye is right, but the grid is off. You could easily make that yourself. Grab a copy of a WYSWIG editor like Kompozer and give it a shot.

dreamzdb, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  5. gowth.linkbuilder

gowth.linkbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I could get you a better design. I can carry out what your are actually thinking. PM me if you are interested. Hope to hear from you.
    Regards

gowth.linkbuilder, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  6. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can do that site for you for $10 below the best offer you did/will receive...

Codythebest, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  7. livetecshosting

livetecshosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I always suggest purchasing a processional looking template from templatemonster instead of designing a site. Designing it yourself will just give you single option. But there, you will have thousands of options to purchase with real time preview.

livetecshosting, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  8. kumarkunal

kumarkunal Member

Best Answers:
    I really should appreciate that you like that site. If you have to see an example of a nice OS commerce website then check out www.smokerslibrary.com, www.scentostock.com. What attracts you in that design, it's so lengthy and it takes a minute to navigate till the bottom of the page.

kumarkunal, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  9. kumarkunal

kumarkunal Member

Best Answers:
    I even won't think of designing that site. Yes, I bet you offered the best deal.

kumarkunal, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  10. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ... or other template site. The idea is that true you will spend some money but you will have no headache with coding, changing the colors, etc. Not to mention that you will have the template now not in a few days ( the time to design it )

aditd, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  11. Scotty Mack

Scotty Mack Member

Best Answers:
    If you click through to make a purchase, you will see that this is using ultracart and it looks like it is attached to a WordPress blog. Their pricing is definitely on the high side IMHO and you can see that here - http://www.ultracart.com/online-shopping-cart/pricing/

I would build it using a modern platform like Zulu Cart and run the articles on a connected WordPress blog on a folder of the main shopping cart. That's what i do for all of my e commerce websites.

Scotty Mack, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  12. dareknyght

dareknyght Banned

Best Answers:
    This is plain HTML, no styling, I would do this for around $20 (better design)...

dareknyght, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  13. corinnefalgoust

corinnefalgoust Peon

Best Answers:
    this is very old design. this design web2.0

corinnefalgoust, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  14. xboom

xboom Peon

Best Answers:
    Maximum 30$ not more.

xboom, Jul 15, 2012 IP
  15. FrankBWH

FrankBWH Peon

Best Answers:
    blast from the past. try to sell the domain name instead of the website. 380k alexa rank seems like win.

FrankBWH, Jul 15, 2012 IP
  16. Cyberdog1

Cyberdog1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a relic of the first era of the internet - the © is from 1996 and it looks like it unfortunately.

It may be easy to update but you can get similar wordpress themes that look much better for it!

Cyberdog1, Jul 15, 2012 IP
  17. promowebeveron

promowebeveron Member

Best Answers:
    Very simple, yet appealing! Its all about how the website works and not about how it looks! It is doing its job!

promowebeveron, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  18. vincaslt

vincaslt Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know how to use any CMS like WordPress you can do this yourself for free (even better), If you want to have everything done from scratch this might cost you up to 1000$ if you want a full management system. I suggest you use wordpress, because it has vast amount of useful plugins to help you run eCommerce site.

For people suggesting their services for 20$, I assume OP wants a management system, and the site would be a full eshop. I want to see you doing it for 20$ :D.

vincaslt, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  19. Jonchun

Jonchun Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you host something like this on a eCommerce solution (free) found with most self-installing script systems like Fantastico or Softaculous.

The setup might take you a bit longer, but you will definitely have to learn anyways (if you were to make such a website), so it would be a great experience.
    As for web hosting, depending on the amount of traffic you get, you're probably looking at about 5-10 dollars monthly.

Jonchun, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  20. ColourKraft

ColourKraft Member

Best Answers:
    That's one seriously ugly website, I doubt any self respecting web designer would produce something like that for you. But for a website with that many static pages I would say anywhere between $1k-3k.

ColourKraft, Jul 19, 2012 IP