1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am going to sue Google (seriously)

Discussion in 'Directories' started by David26, Jun 11, 2012.

1. CoyoteAssassin

CoyoteAssassin Peon

Best Answers:
    You may have a case if you sue due to defamation and lose of revenue but I'm not even sure that matters.

It stinks, really, but at the same time, you are trying to make money because of Google and you want to sue them because of how they treat your site and listings?

Here's the deal. There are many of us marketers that are starting to "hate" Google. But you know who isn't hating Google? The people who try to find real information and are tired of going to some phony CPA website. No offense to anyone as I'm there with you, but we can't expect anything different.

CoyoteAssassin, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  2. alexwood

alexwood Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish you good luck

alexwood, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  3. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please keep us updated, David. Thanks

xc06, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  4. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, I haven't read through the whole thread but I've read enough. If you can't beat them, join them !!

Yes, be a hero in the eyes of everyone and go up against the "Big G". But you'll only hurt yourself in the end after you lose tons of money, receive bad publicity and become an enemy of the "Big G" forever. It's just plain stupid to do something like that.

Find something else, follow their rules and suck it up. They rule the internet world. There are companies favored by Google as evident in their search rankings. Hey, why not try to be one of those companies instead??

HostPlanz, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  5. iMarcus

iMarcus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Much as I'd love you stick one on google, I feel thee are much better ways to spend a ton of money.
    Like others have said if you hate 'em that much take their money, be it by adsense or other means. I think that google has a secret love of spammy sites that make them money with ads. They dont get PR but are always there in the listings, plus using analytics is a huge data source for them which of course they capitalize on!

iMarcus, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  6. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using Google Webmaster Tools, Analytics, Adsense and completing SEO to get ranked in Google?

amcg, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  7. winson

winson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good luck with this, I wish you can win your case

winson, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  8. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let take a reality check here you sound some what not very happy with Google and i quote you are going to 'I am going to sue Google (seriously)' which is a bold statement on its own but also you mention in your 1st post that you also mention 'Now I have to be away from home for 3 months at a time working 14 hour days just to survive all thanks to Google.' so i take it that you dont have bottomless pockets but if i remember correctly Google have a fair old war chest for legal fees to fend off 'BIG' problems like anti-trust cases so i can assure you they wont even be worried and it is small change for them.

One final thought if it ever was to go too court they can afford the best lawyers on the planet to fight this case and if you lost which in my mind would be a fair assumption and this is only my opinion how would you pay the legal fees and the case fees this is a reality that i dont think you have thought about this one.

Mega B, Jun 25, 2012 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  9. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Everyone can sue anyone. But is it worth it? Just calm down, cool down and forget about it. The end results of suing are more money for the lawyers on both sides.

wisdomtool, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  10. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Companies have always compared their prices, products or services to their competitors but this time it's a bit different. They are not comparing here. They are saying that a site or sites is actually harming yours when it comes to ranking on Google. There's a big difference there.

The folks that I think might get dinged by this legally are the SEO companies who are now taking this information to promote a link cleanup service. Sending out a letter saying that a site (which they name) is harmful (even if only according to Google) would seem to come closer to breaking slander and defamation laws.

YMC, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  11. feshiondresses

feshiondresses Peon

Best Answers:
    good luck for your achievement.

feshiondresses, Jun 26, 2012 IP