1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

000webhost.com Review

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by mightiest, Aug 10, 2011.

1. BSD

BSD Member

Best Answers:
    I used it for about a year if you want free hosting this is the host.
    I have tryed the most free hosts and this is the best, but not forget to add to disadvantages couple of things.
    1.They get some DOS attacs
    2.Automatic defined users and passwords
    and some other minor issues...

BSD, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  2. 97army

97army Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a stupid host! Support totally Sucks! I suggest you go for Free Hosting from a company that provides Paid Hosting too! They will manage servers and clients with a proper support team

Try x10Hosting!

97army, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  3. mightiest

mightiest Member

Best Answers:
    I forgot to share, when I checked x10host, it's look like very good hosting but when I tried to they said like this "Due to continued abuse from your country of origin we have currently disabled signups. Please try back at a later date."
    Huff... what can I say, Just because some people are not responsible, but all people of my country must bear the consequences. :(

mightiest, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  4. rachellouise

rachellouise Peon

Best Answers:
    same as others on this post, my site was suddenly deleted. No warning whatsoever, and any responses I got to my queries were abrupt and sarcastic. I'm not going to risk my money and site with them now. The plan was to use the free option, then upgrade. But hey, their loss :p

rachellouise, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  5. Kenzy4real

Kenzy4real Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wont recommend 000webhost for anybody that wants a good website

Kenzy4real, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  6. Dominatos

Dominatos Member

Best Answers:
    Why not try something for 1-2$? Just don't drink coke once or anything else and you will have enough money! :)

Dominatos, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  7. no_more

no_more Peon

Best Answers:
    At first I start hosting in 000webhost. This is a really good FREE hosting service. It supports PHP,SQL and may more. But here is some bounds. It gives you a good space but it's database's space is too small! that's why it is quite impossible to run any CMS in it.

no_more, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  8. freshgreenlove

freshgreenlove Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that web can banned web with high traffic.. i suggest you try self hosting :)

freshgreenlove, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  9. andyelle1

andyelle1 Member

Best Answers:
    Just been scammed by 000webhost again. Stay well away from this so called hosting site. Apparently this time I was sending 1000's of emails a day from an account that has no email account set up. Please update to our completely shit paid hosting. It is a good job I did not have much interest in the website as there is no chance I would pay these scruffs a penny for their so called paid hosting.

andyelle1, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  10. vegas4

vegas4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyone!

I have used 000WebHost for 3 websites and for about 8 months (until March 2012). I am a webmaster and currently owns 17 websites. Please allow me to share my experience and advises.

First I would suggest anyone building a site with a database (like Wordpress, Joomla, etc) to go for a cheap (but not free) hosting. Same when owners plan to be paid for referrals. Remember that when anyone offers you something free, he might take the right to do whatever he wants. Why can you complain? After all it's free!

000Webhost is a free trial for the hosting company called Hosting24. They offer you a free hosting but they of course expect you to switch to Hosting24 after 2 or 3 months. This is business and free can only mean trial. By the way, Hosting24 is in fact a BlueHost reseller.

But yes for the first 3 months 000WebHost worked alright for me until I noticed they had added some lines of code in my footer pages to track my readers.
    This is a bit boring as you feel your site is kind of hacked and also it slightly slows down the pages display.

Then after 6 months I suddenly had a huge advertising popup (648x455px) for their free hosting service displaying on all my pages.
    Have a look here at their ad popup: tinyurl.com/7suy8ma (please type http:// in front)

So yes it did still work but who wants to use a service with people adding code on pages and showing ad popups when they announce everywhere "Ads Free".
    And think of your readers. With such huge popups, I doubt they will often come back. It makes your site looks very cheap and amateurish :-(

So my conclusion is that free hosting like 000webhost is just good for someone who is wishing to try a few new pages for a limited time and that's it.
    Hopefully that was my case but please guys do NOT expect anything else and do all the necessary backups...
    As I said there are quite a few very cheap but reliable hosting companies. I found ServerSea cheap, reliable and after 4 years I am still using their service. But I guess everyone here will think I am part of their business (which is not the case), so try whatever hosting companies you want but PAY something for it.

Yes Free Hosting companies can take the freedoom to do whatever they want with our data (like displaying popups, adding tracking code, adding script, etc...) but unless we pay something, we cannot be considered as a customer, can we?

Hope this helps :) Good luck to you all!!
    Paul

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    vegas4, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  11. xoomcc

xoomcc Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a good hoster!!!
    no freedom of speech

xoomcc, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  12. petergg

petergg Member

Best Answers:
    I must admit - their uptime is good!

petergg, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  13. tricksmatrix

tricksmatrix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have tried 000webhost and I think it is the best hosting company among free hosting companies. They promise 99.9 percent of uptime for free hosting package. I have experienced downtimes only one or two times actually. But it came back soon. Server downtime is much less as compared to other free host. Anyway, 000webhost is still a free hosting company and we cannot always rely on a free hosting company. If you are serious about making a website, I suggest you get a paid hosting account from some reputed hosting company. Or you can start with with free hosting and when the website becomes big, you can transfer the site to a paid hosting provider.

tricksmatrix, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  14. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Banned

Best Answers:
    We actually have at least one client switching over to us from 000webhost that I can think of at this time.

As mentioned, if your website has value to you, then it is recommended that you switch over to paid hosting.

SolidShellSecurity, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  15. Dj.c

Dj.c Peon

Best Answers:
    This is cute, because of one poison tree and the entire forest is rate as poison too.

Dj.c, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  16. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used Frihost for 5 years now (They have been around for 7 years). You need to be active in their forum. just 1 point per day. A post gives you upto 5 posts depending on the word count. support and uptime both are good.

bluearrow, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  17. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    they have send me numerous emails that my mysql select count(*) from table; query was slow! While it is actually their mysql server was non-responsive and could not process ANY query at a timely manner. Then they deleted my account including all files. Their referral program is a shameless scam also when they delete your account when it is time to pay.

atxsurf, Jul 3, 2012 IP
  18. TimothyRob

TimothyRob Peon

Best Answers:
    It's an old discussion but still, maybe someone will read and my recent experience with 000webhost will be helpful. Don't know what it was like 3 or more years ago, but now they really are doing a great job.
    I believe they really improved their services, especially now being one of the leaders in free hosting. Such IT illiterate as I am really enjoys an easy to use cPanel and very helpful customer support staff. In any case, I understand perfectly that the free service is only for the beginning and if my blog becomes popular I'll have to upgrade. Hope they'll continue their good service :)

TimothyRob, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  19. mhosting.in

mhosting.in Member

Best Answers:
    if you are not serious about your business than go with free hosting.

mhosting.in, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  20. JeanCo87

JeanCo87 Peon

Best Answers:
    So happy to see people, who understand that there's a difference between "free" and "paid", did the same thing myself, started with 000webhost free plan and then upgraded to Hosting24. Btw, 24/7 support there works great :)

JeanCo87, Oct 11, 2016 IP