1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adword Magic!

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by charmtolucky, Jun 21, 2012.

Hi All,

Recently I have come up with a fact in Google Adwords... Here it is...

I have One campaign targeting ads for USA... Now am getting impressions from the keywords and clicks is their with them but when I am watching the same using "Ad Preview and Diagnosis", I am getting a notification "Your ad is not showing for the keyword ********"

Now what shall I believe on? Google Adword Live stats or Google Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool?

Well, am still in dilemma. Lets see if I can find reason behind this.

charmtolucky, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, first make sure you have the proper Google domain, language and location selected.

That tool in Adwords is the same as using www.google.com/adpreview. It is basically the same as using the regular search engine except you can't click on the links and impressions won't be counted to your Adwords account.

As with the regular search engine, the preview tool may not show all ads or even yours at all times. It still shows up to three ads above the SERPs and up to 8 on the right side. All dependent on bids, QS and other factors such as some advertisers only doing so at certain times or days or geographic areas. If you have lots of competitors for your keyword, since there is only a maximum of 11 ads showing on a result page, it means your ad may not have been selected to show at the time you did the diagnosis.

Obviously you have had impressions. Just not at the moment you searched. It's no mystery and no magic involved.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  3. IMnoob

IMnoob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't get it what does this have to do with magic? I click on this and thought this would be a special technique for adwords lol.

IMnoob, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  4. Euphoria

Euphoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Increase your pay per click.

Euphoria, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  5. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    could it be that you ad showing on the content network and not on the search network (and thus ad preview says it is not showing)

atxsurf, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  6. Euphoria

Euphoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No he could of done multiple things wrong.

If google adwords account is billing your account for that keyword, than the diagnosis page had an error.

Euphoria, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  7. webservsol

webservsol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Optimize your keywords, check your Bid Rate by keyword some keywords require high rate to show your ads on.......

webservsol, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  8. charmtolucky

charmtolucky Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your time to reply... well I must say then "Google Confusion" cz I have been into Google for past 3.5 years and in those scenario, i came to many conclusion which is something really not expected by Google. I really don't understand on what terms Google works? but yes their is something which either am lacking behind or Google is not refeclting what they are serving.

What you spoke above was 100% correct but the diagnosis I been thru was not expected and as per the facts the figure am not getting is not what exactly one is seeking for. I understand the IP fluctuation, Google analytics tracking and adwords tracking but u see some time i came to conclusion which is actually not real..

charmtolucky, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  9. arifdriessen

arifdriessen Member

Best Answers:
    Optimize keywords and check your Bid Rate by keyword .... that make it

arifdriessen, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  10. redrum23

redrum23 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is a common occurrence and is usually explained by the fact that your ads are eligible to be shown but may not be showing at that exact moment due to budgetary constraints...etc.

redrum23, Jun 27, 2012 IP