1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Away For 2 Years - Summarise Key SEO Changes In This Time?!...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bad_bob00, Jun 22, 2012.

Hey guys,

I've been away from SEO for the past 2 years and so basically haven't kept up with what Google's been doing so I'm a bit clueless. I've also noticed my main wordpress blog has dropped considerably in the rankings when it was previously doing very well.

I've done some reading and spoke to a friend and have basically been told so far:

1. Don't keyword stuff
    2. Place adverts below the pagefold
    3. Google starting to give seo rank for number of tweets/facebook likes
    4. Link exchanges are pretty much dead (but natural linking is fine, within articles)

Is there anything else I need to know? A few years ago all I was doing was writing articles for Ezine, including links in the author bio (which had my anchor text for 3 different pages) and this seemed to work. But I'm guessing its not like that anymore?

Thanks for any help - realise its quite hard to summarise 2 years but I was hoping to get the main, most important points!

bad_bob00, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  2. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol good luck catching up. Things have changed more in the past 6 months than in the previous 5 years. Keep on reading!

1. Keyword density has to be below 3% now.
    2. Has been the case for years now.
    3. Google recently has been reducing seo rank for the number of tweets/facebook likes. Google + can actually destroy a site.
    4. Link exchanges are very much alive and are pretty optimal as long as duplicate content isn't used.

I don't know who you've been talking to, but you're getting some pretty old and misinformed data.

All I can say is keep reading because things have gotten QUITE complex lately.

Traditione, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  3. roezer

roezer Active Member

Best Answers:
    roezer, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  4. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies guys!

How do you mean Google + can actually destroy a site - can you elaborate a bit please? :)

bad_bob00, Jun 22, 2012 IP