1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Important Is Pagerank?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by butler312, Jun 19, 2012.

I have a website that has been up for a few days short of a year now but it has no page rank. Traffic isn't huge or anything, I'm at about 1000 visitors a day. I'm also right where I want to be for most of the search results I'm interested. It's not perfect, but I'm in the top 5 for almost all of the major searches I'm concerned with. So to get to my question, does it matter that I don't have a page rank yet? Is there any reason to be concerned about this or to try and manipulate this at all?

butler312, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    1) what are you using to measure pagerank, since, well... google stopped reporting pagerank to us so any data you gather is several YEARS out of date.

2) Worry less about pagerank and more about your traffic and accessibility. If you have content of value, marked up in a accessible semantic manner with proper graceful degradation -- with meaningful backlinks from relevant websites, the rest should tend to itself. As Google keeps telling us, write to the users, not the search engine!

Do you have a link to the page in question? If you're in the top 5 for relevant searches you're doing something right, but we could always point you in the direction of sliding up into #1.

deathshadow, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PageRank is not that important as your SERP is good enough. Internet user dont even know what is PageRank, only webmaster know. As long as your keyword rank good, you can ignore about PR

lifeplayer, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  4. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    pagerank is one out of many ranking criteria google uses to rank a site. there was a time where higher the pagerank was, higher the ranking was. things however changed over the course of last few years. google now knows that people can game the system to artificially inflate pageranks so they started putting less and less importance on pagerank as a ranking criteria. just keep building good quality links and your ranking will go up over time.

sultanofseo, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  5. Cpi2011

Cpi2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    Page Rank is not important, It's neither helps or decreases your chances of taking a ranking. It has absolutely no influence on that. Page Rank doesn't track the quality of backlinks but the quantity so if you get 50 quality links and your competitors have 5000 common links page links these will have no where near the value. But the 5000 links provide a higher PR.

Cpi2011, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  6. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pagerank means to authority of a site in Google. No one knows the funda about how Google provide this rank and what are facts of it.

rankwatch.com, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  7. aamirshah

aamirshah Peon

Best Answers:
    pagerank is very important in my opinion because it helps google to crawl your web site immediately. and you will not have to work very hard to rank your keyword.

aamirshah, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  8. ayushsocial

ayushsocial Member

Best Answers:
    Now it's not that imp cause webmaster use to sell links on their websites and this made google change their algo....
    try to build dofoolow backlinks from relevant sites,

ayushsocial, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  9. jasmineturrner

jasmineturrner Peon

Best Answers:
    i think page rank is most important because it helps google crawl your websites argent. you will not hard working..

jasmineturrner, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  10. aamirshah

aamirshah Peon

Best Answers:
    agree with jasmineturrner

aamirshah, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  11. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    i thank you are not hard work. plz hard working. and contact to Google.

Irfi0009, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  12. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pagerank is not very important in the big scheme of things, you can ask anyone. :)

ninjamtlt1, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  13. Eddie.S

Eddie.S Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well i think SERP more important than Page Rank.You already have good SERP and good quality traffic so no need to bother as much.But do some link building tactics to improve page rank.Because it provides credibility to your site.

Eddie.S, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  14. johnabraham825@gmail.com

johnabraham825@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me page rank is not important so increase your quality back links for your keyword ranking.

15. yenny

yenny Member

Best Answers:
    Page rank is important, the idea is that your page is more trusted since other trusted page vouched for it. However, it doesn't affect your SERP or your conversion rate which at the end of the day are what you really want. You'd be better concentrate on your SERP, which then allow you to optimize your conversion rate then usually page rank will just sort it self up.

yenny, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  16. seosolutions84

seosolutions84 Member

Best Answers:
    PageRank is so important because it is a decisive factor in how high a particular web page ranks within the Google search results.

seosolutions84, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  17. webtosearch

webtosearch Member

Best Answers:
    page rank is not matter in site ranking but it is matter to site genuinty and also matter to how much papuler this site..

webtosearch, Jun 21, 2012 IP