1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Login With Facebook to Submit to Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by dvduval, Jun 12, 2012.

1. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am I hearing the suggestion that quality directories are going to need to find a different traffic source than Google? It seems implied from this conversation. I don't think that is the message here but it does seem to be an underlying theme and motivation.

YMC, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, for example, real people who like the directories enough to want to revisit them, not just submit there link and go.

dvduval, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  3. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the idea has merit. I think people focus far too much on Google and as a result end up destroying their websites trying to appease them. Funny thing is, they are usually the same people that get hit by Penguins and Panda's and cry foul even though they've done everything according to Google's rules. Who wants to live like that? Boring!

Obviously this would be a big coup for phpLD, and you would expect them to derive some benefit from it.

I think the key point being made is that it remains an option. The minute you lock the directory owner into using this system, you tie them to the success or failure of facebook, and that is a bad idea. A really bad idea.

The directory owner has to be able to opt-in and opt-out at will, to test it, see if it works for them and if it does great! but if it doesn't they need to be able to immediately trashcan the idea.

silencer, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  4. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is great idea, more directory should do this, good way to protect against spam. Plus easier to submit.

shahab6, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  5. mahajabeen

mahajabeen Peon

Best Answers:
    nice suggestion

mahajabeen, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  6. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How does it reduce or protect against spam? Are you saying facebook doesn't have spammers?

cos I've found the opposite to be true... Nike shoe tagged posts anyone? Like 50 a day!!!

silencer, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  7. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How is it easier?

I don’t submit too many directories that require me to login, make me and I’m very unlikely to do so.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Jun 21, 2012 IP
  8. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can ban users from your website and delete as spam through facebook. Then you can still ban their ip, email or url as you normally would, so just another layer. Also, there is going to be some flood control when posting via facebook (have to confirm this, but I believe so).

Definitely requiring a login is something that is not appealing to certain models. If the only goal is to quickly submit a free link, and you'll never be returning to the site again, there are some directory owners who may not want to attract that type of submitter either. I think logging in can be great outside of facebook too, and the process can be very fast and streamlined.

dvduval, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  9. johnedwards01

johnedwards01 Peon

Best Answers:
    What to do about people who do not use facebook?
    Or do not want to use their facebook account?

johnedwards01, Jul 5, 2012 IP